OH: June 28th Get Together at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Classic

This is a discussion on OH: June 28th Get Together at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Classic within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; [Cross-posted to clubWRX, NASIOC, and others] Time for an All-Ohio Impreza/WRX Get Together at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course June 28. ...

I Support ClubWRX

Exclamation OH: June 28th Get Together at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Classic

[Cross-posted to clubWRX, NASIOC, and others]

Time for an All-Ohio Impreza/WRX Get Together at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course June 28.

The event is the Mid-Ohio Road Racing Classic (June 27-29) featuring the Grand American Road Racing Associationís Rolex Sports Car Series, including the new Daytona prototypes. The weekend includes Formula Ford 2000 Zetec, the Grand-Am Cup, and more. For more information see the web site at http://www.midohio.com/sportscarcour...s/roadrace.asp Tickets are $25 for the weekend with paddock passes an additional $10 ($20/$8 in advance.)

This yearís feature three hour race is a first for Mid-Ohio, starting at 6:00 PM Saturday evening, and finishing into twilight. I thought this would be an excellent opportunity for us to get together for an eveningís racing.

This GTG is not an organized event, just an effort to get all the Subie gang together and put some faces to the names. If you plan on attending, post a reply and I can try to keep a running tab of those interested. It is probably too late, but I might try to get a corral cordoned off for us in the infield. If not, the plan is to meet in the area marked on the attached/linked map. Come early and watch the practice races, or just hang out with other Subie enthusiasts.

Iíll be the black bug-eyed wagon with the big SWRT flag flying while Iím nearby. I plan on arriving early Saturday morning.

See yíall there!
    Steve - Avon, Ohio (Either Art Gecko or Smorris, depending on the board...)
    WRX@MorrisGarage.com
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have to find out what's happening on the 28th. If I'm free I'll be there.
    Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple Yes or No answer. -- Space Ghost

I'll be there right as the 6pm race starts. I have to work on Saturday until 5pm. I'll be down there Sunday June 22 for the vintage races if anyone is going.

Mike
    "The firsta rule of Italian driving, Whatsa behind me is not important." -Franco

I'll be there all weekend (well I'm driving back and fourth since I love so close)

<===== My car is in my avatar

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by vman
    I'll be there right as the 6pm race starts. I have to work on Saturday until 5pm. I'll be down there Sunday June 22 for the vintage races if anyone is going.

Mike
    Mike, look me up on Sunday. I'll be there Saturday for the British Car Showdown, staying over at the Ramada Express at 97? and I-71, and then back again for the concourse and the fabulous Corvette extravaganza on Sunday! Expecting beautiful weather.

I'll be in the red 1958 MGA Roadster with the "Last Open Road" sticker on the boot and the single fog lamp. Look me up! I'll be there early.

Steve

The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Originally posted by smorris
    Mike, look me up on Sunday. I'll be there Saturday for the British Car Showdown, staying over at the Ramada Express at 97? and I-71, and then back again for the concourse and the fabulous Corvette extravaganza on Sunday! Expecting beautiful weather.

I'll be in the red 1958 MGA Roadster with the "Last Open Road" sticker on the boot and the single fog lamp. Look me up! I'll be there early.

Steve
    Sounds good Steve, I'll be there early as well. I want to see the historic GTP race. See you sunday.

Mike
    "The firsta rule of Italian driving, Whatsa behind me is not important." -Franco

I Support ClubWRX
    bump...

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

I Support ClubWRX
    Last bump.

This is tomorrow! Looks like very few of us are going, and not one reply on the other four forums I posted on. One on LERSOC.

See ya there!
    Steve

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

I would love to go, but I have an 8 hour driving class on Saturday. But I'd love to go sunday! Are a lot of people going to be there sunday?

Also, I'm thinking we'll have a Suby meet on July 6th...
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's the photos from yesterday's meet that I posted on five Impreza boards.

http://www.morrisgarage.com/wrx/mo/

As noted, only one guy from all of the boards showed up; vman from clubWRX.net. I talked to almost all of the other guys who's cars are pictured, and none of them participate on any online boards. It was a beautiful day, with a nice breeze.

Great racing, too. The Rolex race was on Speed this noon, and will probably be replayed later. They were there for the Grand-Am Cup race, so it will probably be shown at a later date.

If you know these guys, have them contact me for full resolution images. These are only 35% for quick downloads.

Maybe someone will come next time...
    Steve

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338