Any problems with tint/inspection? (NJ)

This is a discussion on Any problems with tint/inspection? (NJ) within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I know the law, none up front and 35% on the rear three, but has anyone had any problems with ...

Any problems with tint/inspection? (NJ)

I know the law, none up front and 35% on the rear three, but has anyone had any problems with the fronts? I am getting 35% all around. I know that pretty much all of us have not had to get inspected yet in out WRXs, but I know that most of us have had other cars, so has anybody had any experience with tint and going through inspection in NJ?

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey njwrbt, Where in N.J. are you? I'm hooked up with some shops and I could put in a good word if you are close.

For tint or passing inspection? I already have the tint lined up, and I know it is an awesome deal.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    For passing inspection

Can't you just show up with both front windows rolled down?
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Well, sure, but I was just wondering if they even cared or not. I hear they pretty much do not care.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

If you bring it to a shop they probably won't care, but if you bring it to a state facility they might.

-mike
    05 Legacy GT
    04 Nissan Armada
    05 CTS-V

YOU SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM

Here's the deal neighbor. If you go to the FREE state inspection buildings they will check your windows. They wont start the inspection b/c it is a waste of time. This happen to my friend. He had to remove the tint off the two front windows before he could bring it back for inspection. If you go to a private shop that is licensed to do state inspection you have a chance of getting away with it. At these shops you have to pay for the inspection.
    You should consider the fact that we have four years till we need to have our rex's inspected. Who knows what the law will be then?
    One more thing if you getted pulled over for something by your friendly neighborhood police officer he will write up a ticket for the tint. He wont pull you over for just the tint. If there is a check point they will stop you.
    All that being said who is doing your tint? I need to get it done on my rex I'm just getting the back done.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Yea they're not allowed to pull you over something like tint, but they're cops and they can say that you were doing something fishy so they had reason to pull you over. Happened a bunch of times to me.

And as for inspection, why do you say we have 4 years until we have to get our WRXs inspected? I thought it was every year, or if not, at most every 2 years.

hey guys... just chiming in to recommend leeberbs over on nasioc.com for tint. i havent had mine done by him just yet but he is in the north jersey area, and he has hooked up a ton of subaru owners all over the tri-state. he uses super high quality tint, does an awesome job, and charges chump change compared to shops. i think his prices are $135 for sedans and $155 for wagons for all windows (except front windshield, obviously). dont quote me on that, but thats what i remember. either way i'm not affiliated with him, but i've just heard people rave about his work over and over so thought i'd pass the message along... i'm hoping to have mine done by him soon.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

regarding infamousdx question,

NJ's new law is that new cars need to be inspected every four years. Not sure when it took effect. My 03 has the sticker for 2007 on it. So I dont have to sweat it till then.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

That must have taken effect on 03 because my 02 is every 2 years. Those prices quoted for Lee Burbs are correct, and he does AWESOME work.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Guess I lucked out by getting an 03. Where is Lee B's shop? I want to get it done and feel personal references are always the way to go.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

cnk
    If you bought an 02, when it's time for inspection, they will send you an extension sticker for another 2 years. Any car bought after 01 is supposedly on the new 4 year inspection cycle.

Calvin