Dayton Ohio tint recommendation

This is a discussion on Dayton Ohio tint recommendation within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'd like to get my wagon tinted to the legal extent that Ohio allows, thus four questions: 1. Considering there ...

Dayton Ohio tint recommendation

I'd like to get my wagon tinted to the legal extent that Ohio allows, thus four questions:

1. Considering there are essentially six windows, what is the legal allowance per window, for Ohio?

2. I have the Valentine One radar detector hardwired above the rear-view mirror. Should I forgo any tint with metallic composition?

3. What is a recommended tinter in the Dayton area? (If need be, I can drive to Cincinnati and maybe Columbus - or in between of course.) I've investigated Ziebart - they have a $99 special this week, but they use a metallic substance. Besides that, are they any good?

TIA

Bill M.
    2003 World Rally Blue WRX Wagon
    AccessPort - Stage 1 93 Oct.
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    Hardwired Valentine One / Lidatek LE-30
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can tell you that the legal limit in Ohio is 50% which is pretty light. In most cases you can get away with 35% and not have any problems. As for everything else I dont know.

hey bill where in dayton are you located?
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

I reside in the Kettering area.

Can all windows but the front windshield be tinted at 50%? I decided to forgo Ziebart, despite their $99 special price, due to the metallic nature of their tint.

Any good tinters in the southern portion of Ohio?

Bill M.
    2003 World Rally Blue WRX Wagon
    AccessPort - Stage 1 93 Oct.
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    Hardwired Valentine One / Lidatek LE-30
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

Yes all windows can be 50%. The front windshield can have a tint strip a certain amount of inches from the top of the window. I dont know exactly how low the tint strip can go on the front windshield though.