June 22nd - Huge BBQ Meet, Colonial Park, Somerset, NJ - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on June 22nd - Huge BBQ Meet, Colonial Park, Somerset, NJ within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Steve, I think you have out modded me since the last meet!!!! See you there. -joe...

Steve, I think you have out modded me since the last meet!!!!

See you there.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm there, Joe.

-Jim

How far from NYC is this place? What exit on the turnpike?
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Its about 45 minutes from the city if you take the turnpike. I have made it in about 30, but that is ideal conditions. It is Exit 10 on the TP.

I will post directions later tonight.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

DIRECTIONS DIRECTIONS DIRECTIONS

The easiest way to get there is to take 287 (you can get to 287 from everything, 80, 78, 22, 202, 206, GSP, TP, etc) to exit 12. Weston Canal Rd. Take the exit ramp to the light and make a left onto Weston Canal Road. If you do not pass under 287 you are going the wrong way. Take Weston Canal Rd for a couple of miles until you reach a big sweeping roght hand turn that will take you over the canal, you do not want to cross over the canal, you want to make a left in the middle of that big bend onto Weston Rd. Take Weston road down to the very sharp left turn and then follow it unitl the first right that you can make, this is Mettlers Rd. Colonial Park has many entrances, you want to take the entrance on the left (the one with the biggest sign). I think we will use the parking lot and the tables/bbqs in the back. Specifically, follow the park road past the tennis courts and make your first left into the parking lot behind the pine trees.

The park is also accesible from 206. Take 206 to amwell road, you will be making a left onto Amwell going southbound on 206 and a right onto Amwell going northbound on 206. Follow Amwell Rd through Millstone. After you cross the canal bridge you will need to make a left onto Mettlers Rd about 1/2 mile after the Canal bridge. Colonial Park is on the Right hand side (the entrance with the big sign). See above for where the lot is.

If anybody need direction form any other point or just needs clarification about anything, please PM me.

Here is also the link from the park for directions. Their directions from 287 are different than mine. I think mine are easier, but you can go with whichever you are comfortable with.

http://www.park.co.somerset.nj.us/colonialpark_dir2.htm

And here is the link to the Mapquest map:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...S&addtohistory=

Don't forget to bring some food/drinks/condiments/whatever you want. I would also suggest bringing some chairs in case we run out of picnic tables and such.

LETS TRY AND GET THERE BY 10AM, 11AM AT THE LATEST, or we will lose out on the space to a bunch of monkeys or something.
    Last edited by NJwrbT-WRX; 06-18-2003 at 10:57 AM.
    '02 WRB Sedan

Ah, the day before my 21st birthday! Let's see if I can make it out there!
    Chris
    1999 Impreza RS - 12.096 @ 114.63
    2002 WRX - 12.602 @ 111.08
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 11 second scrap pile - SOLD

SBW
    Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    LETS TRY AND GET THERE BY 10AM, 11AM AT THE LATEST, or we will lose out on the space to a bunch of monkeys or something. [/B]
    I will try to be there for 10am, anyone from CT going down that wants to caravan?

sorry joe...can't make it. minus one stage 4 car

heading to mt. snow this weekend for the downhill mountain bike nationals race...

take lots of pics...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Wednesday is BUMP day...

...oh yeah, its a sticky, so it does not need a bump....

Anyway, don't forget!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Made a correction on the directions, exit 12, not 11 off of 287.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    If anyone going to the meet has an MBC laying around that they'd like to sell, please let me know. I somehow blew the adjustment knob off my JoeP and need a new one.

Thanks
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    If anyone going to the meet has an MBC laying around that they'd like to sell, please let me know. I somehow blew the adjustment knob off my JoeP and need a new one.

Thanks
    I'll have a new HKS up-pipe with me that I'll let go of for $100.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Does your uppipe come with an MBC?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Haven't you ever heard of a shameless plug?
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

No Bedabi this time around. Looks like I'll be reppin' NYC for dolo (by myself).
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.