Autocross in Maryland or Virginia?

This is a discussion on Autocross in Maryland or Virginia? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether there are some autocross tracks around here, I want to ...

Autocross in Maryland or Virginia?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether there are some autocross tracks around here, I want to learn how to Autocross. Thanks
    '04 Java Black Premium 5 Spd

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check out www.autocrossers.com June 1st is just about filled up if I'm not mistaken. But be sure to check for the rest of them when pre-registration opens up.
    2005 Forrester XT premium

I just signed up, but am on the waiting list in the STX class, I think thats what I am in. Gonna go anyways to check it out. Anyone else from ClubWRX going, could meet up.

This should probably be moved to the correct region fourm though.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

fedex field usually a lot of em during the summer

I cancelled for May 18th, but I did sign up for June 1st and intend on going. I'm a noob, but it's still fun as anything. I'm runnin DS #25. See ya guys there if you make it!

I put myself down as a novice since it would be my first time. I hope some people drop so I can race.

My Mods

Well I wasent planning on racing I just wanted to practice, and maybe take lessons. Do you think this is possible?
    '04 Java Black Premium 5 Spd

You could always mark your runs as FUN runs. Plus there are always people that are willing to ride along with you to help instruct you on the course and driving in general. Also, I know SCCA hosts novice autox classes, but I have yet to go to any of these and/or find out when exactly and where exactly they are. But I do know they have classes. check www.scca.org

Yeah, you can check the check box for the "fun" run I think you do the same thing as everyone else but your times don't get counted or anything like that. Also their is a check box for novice, which I did, I think it just puts your times in a novice class to see how you did. I know someone who races in one of the open classes and usually does really well, he has a 2.5rs. I will probably see if I can get him to ride along with me and give me some tips.

My Mods