May 18th - CrossroadOnline.com Picnic in Alexandria, VA
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on May 18th - CrossroadOnline.com Picnic in Alexandria, VA within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; We at The Crossroad wish to thank our sponsors Excessive Motorsports East and D&V Auto Body. Their generous donations are ...

Invite to CrossroadOnline.com Picnic May 18th

We at The Crossroad wish to thank our sponsors Excessive Motorsports East and D&V Auto Body. Their generous donations are helping to make this possible at such a large scale.

Mark your calenders folks this event is OPEN TO EVERYONE, so please bring friends and fellow auto geeks ! !

Sunday May 18 2003 we will be pulling into the lot @

5440 Cherokee Avenue
    Alexandria, Virginia 22315

This is located right off Edsall Road near the intersection of 495 & 395. Location photos can be found HERE

We will begin at 2PM, look forward to staying till the end ! Making an appearance will be the world famous Segway and yes, you will get to ride it after some instruction from me!

We will also be pulling out 2 or 3 mystery exotic cars, and by exotic I DO mean exotic, as in Lambo, Ferrari, custom built porsche or who knows what . the hoods will be open for you to all drool over and get close to. Fine, here is a small glimpse at what the hell i'm talking about!

As you can see HERE .There is plenty of parking for everyone to park in a row facing out so that we can see our cars, a picnic area is right next to the parking area so were no mroe than 20 yards from the cars. Aerial photos will be taken from the roof and we expect to have a large moonbounce so BRING THE KIDS ! Restrooms are readily available to us and there will be tons of Hot Dogs & Burgers on the massive grill. Please feel free to bring a covered dish! No alcohol please, due to the family nature of this event and well, the fact that you are drivin home! There is much more to come!

Lets see:

FOOD
    Sexy Cars
    Happy Kids
    Lots of photos
    Segway Human Transporter
    Wireless Internet Access
    Plenty of tables
    Mystery Cars
    Great Music
    Restrooms on site

What more could you want! Oh, how about special parking for show cars, FINE! Cars that wish to show themselves off pull into the coned off front lot, all other beaters, minivans and hoopties, pull around back ! WHOOO !

This event is OPEN TO EVERYONE, so please bring friends and fellow auto geeks !

Bring your cameras folks, announcing the appearance of Crossroad Cutie:

Jessica M.

She will be there to model with your rides Courtesy of Crossroad Auto & Racing Enthusiasts !

Please RSVP to: edson@crossroadonline.com so that we can get a Head Count.
    Co-Founder of Crossroad Auto & Race Enthusiasts
    " Where Domestics & Imports
    Meet"

& proud member of ClubWRX.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan

Re: Invite to CrossroadOnline.com Picnic May 18th

Originally posted by S1L1C0N
    We at The Crossroad wish to thank our sponsors Excessive Motorsports East and D&V Auto Body.
    How convenient...considering that I have some fresh venison courtesy of my car.

You local, i'm sure they can work you a good deal, if you like I can speak to them for ya, they do custom import work, had a few cars showing at ImportXpression this past weekend.
    Meet"

tan
    Nah...I hail from the Poconos.

My parents are local though...Manassas Park

KanosWRX and WRXwookies are local...in Fairfax

hehe, cool, wookies are always lots of fun, we can play wookie football =)
    Meet"

My brother is local (Alexandria), but he probably doesn't feel like showing off his '96 Altima. In any case, well done invite...now it's a sticky.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    My brother is local (Alexandria), but he probably doesn't feel like showing off his '96 Altima. In any case, well done invite...now it's a sticky.
    Thanks for that Bask, tell your brother to come out anyways to check out the rides, even if he doesnt show his =)
    Meet"

THE PICNIC WILL GO ON RAIN OR SHINE, It is sunday morning and we are going from rain to drizzle with patches of no precip. We regret to inform that the Moonbounce will not be available due to the rain (requires electricity), The Segway also will not be making an appearance due to the rain. We look forward to meeting some of you under the tents And there will be seating under a partially covered area of the building (unless the sky is falling, you wont get wet) Remember, this event is about meeting new folks with the same interest, automobiles, not showing your cars, If the cars are scared of a lil rain, no biggie, come out in the minivan! Either way, I promise no muddy parking asphalt only!

The Crossroad
    Meet"

How'd it go? Pics?

Thread unstuck.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.