June 6th to 8th - Susquehannock Trail ProRally: Wellsboro, PA - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on June 6th to 8th - Susquehannock Trail ProRally: Wellsboro, PA within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; ^^^ now that's something i would like to take home and molest....

^^^

now that's something i would like to take home and molest.
    --Bunny

"I'm the girl that drives with the boys, not the girl that rides with the boys."

"Hello Fish!"
    "Hello Kitty!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

PICTURE!!!!

<3
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

tan
    Man when I got home....I took a shower and went straight to bed. Didn't wake up until this morning (getting ready for work).

Great time.

Glad to hear the MG people (doctors) walked out of the hospital with minor injuries.

Hope I didn't slow you guys down too much with my 90 bhp car.

What was the POS Neon with altezza's top speed??? 85 mph?

We had a nice caravan after Bunny left...including a brand spanking new red Evo (from Salerno-Duane...I think they're in Sussex county)...an Outback Sport, Legacy SUS, and an older Audi 80 (I think), and unfortunately...the black Neon with altezzas.

Unsticking the post.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Thumbs up Thumbs up to the Weas-man!

Andy, nice meeting ya and good pics.

chris

PS Sorry for screwing up the furniture arrangement in your house
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Kudos from Team Mopar

Hellos to everyone who was nice enough to meet up with me. As this was my second trip to Wellsboro, my rally partner Jim and I were able to meet up with quite a few familar faces this time around.

The weather wasn't that great, but we managed to fill four disposable cameras full of great photos, including one great one of Ramanamanamanamananama Lagemann (man, I GOT to learn to spell his name... btw, seeing him in person, I'm 6'1 and he's TALL) waiting for a tow by the mighty Unimog. There was lots of stuff that was a bit different in the country, but we didn't cause too much permanent damage. Hee.

However, we did have one good story. We were marshalling a spectator area on Stage 3, watching the cars go by. Late in the stage, we got the call on the radio from the next radio station about a mile down the stage that there was a very serious accident, and they were requesting that we stop the stage and they needed another radio team. The couple manning the radio (in the Expedition) quickly drove down the stage to the scene.

Not two minutes after they left, a spectator ran over to me telling me that he was a paramedic, and wanted to know if he was able to help. I called in on our Talkabout, to see if they needed our help from the medic. "Yes! Come right away!" was the reply. So, I grabbed him and we jumped into my trusty Neon.

When we got down the stage, the accident turned out to be a very popular couple, a pair of physicians from Chicago, Phil and Dallas Smith (who several of us had to push out of the stage last year at STPR) driving an old MG. They had slammed into a tree at speed on the muddy road, and they were laid out by the car, waiting for the ambulance to arrive and transport them to the hospital. Luckily, they were in very good spirits, and were joking about apologizing to their mechanics about wrecking the car when they left. And, once we arrived home, we found out that they were released from the hospital later that night.

Again, thanks to everyone for sharing a great weekend with us, and I want to thank in advance PlatinumWRX for keeping some of the more (ahem) interesting stories pertaining my poor Neon to himself.

-Simon

PS- I've posted lots of photos from the weekend. Feel free to surf to ftp://ftp.hova.net for all the ones that I have.
    Last edited by NeonNavigator; 06-12-2003 at 06:42 PM.

tan
    What did you hit on the way home? (your hella is hanging)

Holy Hanging Hellas

The story isn't as interesting as it sounds- the lights have constantly been dropping their thumbscrews. I started with four (two on either side), and started the trip with two. The last one just dropped out on the way home, right before we got our photos developed. I snapped a quick photo, then used some duct tape (hee) to tie it back up where it belongs.

-Simon

I was there to see the MGB-GT go strait into that tree and I was pretty scared for the condition of the driver, who was screaming in pain when they first pulled him out. I knew immediately who it was and felt bad for both the couple and the car, both who have had articles in GRM and other magazines. Thankfully they were released that night I believe.

Then later that night I saw a short taped video of a brave [domestic car] driver who was rushing the paramedic to the scene and was driving with Solberg-like skill. Unfortunately even Solberg understeers into a bank or two
    But in the heat of the moment, it was very important to get the paramedic there and so we commend that driver.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    Then later that night I saw a short taped video of a brave [domestic car] driver who was rushing the paramedic to the scene and was driving with Solberg-like skill. Unfortunately even Solberg understeers into a bank or two
    But in the heat of the moment, it was very important to get the paramedic there and so we commend that driver.

chris
    And one day we'll have that video posted. COME ON BRYAN!!!

-Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123