first tickets in my rex
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on first tickets in my rex within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So I drove to Vermont from DC on Friday to go skiing at Killington. It was a great drive. I ...

first tickets in my rex

So I drove to Vermont from DC on Friday to go skiing at Killington. It was a great drive. I was on the road about 8 hours total . Yes I was going pretty fast the whole way, but not too fast since I was still breaking it in. Anyway, I was almost there, about 5 miles away and it was really late (like 1 AM). I got stopped by this local cop going 50 in a 35. He not only gave me a ticket for speeding, but he gave me a ticket for not having an insurance card for my brand new car. I tried to explain to him the situation, but he still said, "well you should still have something." How lame was that. He at least told me if I mailed in proof of insurance he would waive the ticket for lack of insurance. The total was $230 between the two tickets.
    mods:
    Katzkin leather seat covers
    oh...and the hot chick in the passenger seat

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't feel bad, I got three tickets at once on Sunday night. Blocking an intersection, expired insurance card (when my plan itself is fine), and red under-car neon (a day after installation).
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    Don't feel bad, I got three tickets at once on Sunday night.
    "Damn! It feels good to be a gansta....."

What's up, Matt!

was it in whitehall? i heard they fund their entire school system with money from speeding tickets, so i always make sure i go really slow through there...

No. It was Rutland.
    mods:

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    and red under-car neon (a day after installation).

smart cop

Despite the ticket, I hope you had fun in Killington. I went there in January to do some snowboarding. I had a blast.

Originally posted by SpeedKills
    smart cop
    Turns out that smart cop cited the wrong law, and I will have no problem proving that I didn't drive my passenger car as an ATV as an emergency vehicle without the proper red and white flashing lights.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by mwsflies81
    Despite the ticket, I hope you had fun in Killington. I went there in January to do some snowboarding. I had a blast.
    It was great. Saturday, it was about 40 degrees and sunny. It has snowed the previous week, so there was a lot of snow on the mountain. They actually have so much snow that they are not bothering to make any more snow. They will most likely have skiing until June 1 this year.
    mods:

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.