Ohio Uppipe install

This is a discussion on Ohio Uppipe install within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just got a new uppipe for my WRX. I live in Akron, Ohio. I was wondering if anybody around ...

Ohio Uppipe install

I just got a new uppipe for my WRX. I live in Akron, Ohio. I was wondering if anybody around here got their uppipe installed locally.

Suggestions where to go etc........ I'll be more than happy to pay if someone locally wants to install it for me.
    It is only called speeding if you get caught!

Visit: http://www.silverwrx.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Whatcha going to do with the OEM one? I've considered looking for one to try the gutting trick on. That way I won't ruin mine if it doesn't work.

Don't have any suggestions for an installer. Did you try asking on LERSOC?

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

I know theres a very good place up in cleveland. Ill get the name and number tomorrow for you. Basically they do real race car work, not just some radio-amp-neon-type speed shop. They have done many wrxes.
    Do you have a downpipe to be installed too? If not, you may want to get one. Youll save a bunch on installation cause they bascially have to take out the same things.
    02 WRB WRX
    --whole lotta mods

oh, btw, I had my up and downpipe done by rim-and-trim in canton. They did good work. Its been like 6 months and no leaks. I still dont really trust them though. They dont have alot of wrx experience, and they cut my oem uppipe out to get it off. If you dont mind that, I can give you their info.
    02 WRB WRX
    --whole lotta mods

Nice to see a fellow Ohio-in around here. I live on the eastside of Cleveland...but anyway...

The shop is in downtown cleveland, and I believe it's called "Turbo-Four"(WRXs only i think)...look it up in the yeller pages....hope this helps!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Thanks

whap,

If you could give me the info in Cleveland It would be great!

By the way, I am from Canton. My parents still live there. i went to Glen Oak. PM me and I will give you my info so in the summer we go go to the Strip and make fun of all the ricers!!!

Thanks
    It is only called speeding if you get caught!

Visit: http://www.silverwrx.com

just an fyi,

In detroit the going rate is ~$250 for the labor and that includes warranty against leaks, a new DP install and bung for egt probe in the manifold. Labor only!

That's a good price...and that combo of parts/installs seems to be a good one.

Looks like Ohio is starting to represent!

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Hahaha, it's on man! If not the strip, at least we gotta go around C-town and let em know what we represent! In the yeller pages-->

"Turbo Four 3030 Superior Av----------(216) 589-9678"

Let me know what you find out about them, because that looks like the only place [that I know of] that works on Subies. We can always just do ours together... ...who cares how hard it is...it'll be fun! haha
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

OK, heres the place...http://www.passenmotorsports.com/
    They are in westerville. I called them today, and they said that installation of a uppipe was 2 1/2 hours at 65$hr , so ~ 165$ for installation. Not bad!
    They said they usually have a few wrxs actually there, if you want to check things out. At the moment they have one that has about 18k worth of work done to it. Im going to check it out in a day or two.
    02 WRB WRX
    --whole lotta mods

"We can always just do ours together... ...who cares how hard it is...it'll be fun! haha"

Yea, I would be happy to help out. I am really good with boost controller installs and I think I could do a uppipe with some help.
    02 WRB WRX
    --whole lotta mods

OMG, Im sorry, that place is in columbus. 2 hour drive.
    Since I moved to Ohio, I always got cleveland and columbus mixed up.
    I still think its worth the little drive.
    They have a dyno too. They said something about disconnecting something cause its not a awd dyno. Maybe so only the rear wheels go? I dunno exactly. They said it takes about 3 hours to dyno one.
    02 WRB WRX
    --whole lotta mods

Damn $165 for an uppipe! That's cheap. Out here AZP does em for $275 and that is considered cheap.

-mike
    05 Legacy GT
    04 Nissan Armada
    05 CTS-V