Business Trip to Newark, whats there to do?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Business Trip to Newark, whats there to do? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; In Feb. I might be doing some Saturn training in Newark...or somewhere near Newark. I was just wondering what I ...

Business Trip to Newark, whats there to do?

In Feb. I might be doing some Saturn training in Newark...or somewhere near Newark. I was just wondering what I can do there. Any "have to see sights" or things like that? I'm from Maine and have never been to NYC or NJ, though it seems I've been everywhere else in the USA.

I guess my training will be somewhere 30 miles from Newark but I don't know exactly where yet. I will be driving a rental. Are there any highways I should avoid? ANy indoor kart tracks near Newark? Finer drinking establishments? NJ in February doesn't seem like much fun so I have to find some for the evenings and one weekend.
    Thanks for any input.
    -Chris
    -Chris
    Turbo Baja, Turbo Jetta

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can go to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and NYC. While in Newark, I'd make it a point to eat in Portugese restaurants. the Masiscotta (sp.?), Portugese seafood soup, is excellent fare. Try for the "green" as prefreed to the "red". Protugese bread is outstanding. I wish I knew how to make it.

Be careful in Newark. You can get in trouble there real fast. It still may be the car theft capitol of the US. Personal safety is a bigger issue. In other words, don't go out at night unless you know where you're going. The area is blighted by poverty and people will see you as prey.

X

Well let us know exactly and we'll have a meet in NYC or NJ. There are TONS of subies in the area.

-mike
    05 Legacy GT
    04 Nissan Armada
    05 CTS-V

ya...gonna probably not want to do anything in newark....plenty of better things to see....hop the path to nyc....
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Sorry guys, my mistake, Newark Delaware, not NJ I swear my boss said New Jersey.
    Sorry again -ChrisN

PS, now its not Newark, Delaware, its Spring Hill Tennessee! I give-up.
    -Chris
    Turbo Baja, Turbo Jetta

Take your banjo with you.

Newark NJ would be better.

X

Newark NJ would be better!
    Did you know you can't purchase alcohol in Nashville stripper clubs? I don't understand that!
    -Chris
    Turbo Baja, Turbo Jetta

In PA, you can't buy alcohol in toatlly nude clubs, It's a BYOB affair there. But the girls get NASTY!

X

BYOB same as Nashville, but they charge you for what YOU bring in!!?? Its goofy, and the Jack Danials Plant is in a dry county!! Go figure.
    The girls get Nasty in NC also but beer is served by neckedness girlies. In Maine here they serve topless, but the "dancers" are all snobs, little do they know. I think I need beer. I love being away from home once in awhile I might go kart racing this time.
    -Chris
    Turbo Baja, Turbo Jetta

Ok I go to school in Newark (NJIT) and let me clarify a few things. Yes it is still the car theft capital of the world. No it is not as dangerous as you say it is. Although yes I would recommend you stay out of the places you don't know at night. If it warms up by February, the street racing scene will start up again (street racing is BAD). You're better off taking the PATH (subway) to NYC to have a good time. That's what most of us do here anyway. Also, you can take a train to Hoboken, it has the some of the best bars around here.

Mike

Originally posted by InfamousDX
    Ok I go to school in Newark (NJIT) and let me clarify a few things. Yes it is still the car theft capital of the world. No it is not as dangerous as you say it is. Although yes I would recommend you stay out of the places you don't know at night. If it warms up by February, the street racing scene will start up again (street racing is BAD). You're better off taking the PATH (subway) to NYC to have a good time. That's what most of us do here anyway. Also, you can take a train to Hoboken, it has the some of the best bars around here.

Mike
    lol... I also go to NJIT. Yes technically NJIT is in Newark, but it is in the really nice part of Newark. Newark IS as dangerous as people say in many parts. Stick to the business or ironbound districts and you should be fine.

Originally posted by korpse
    lol... I also go to NJIT. Yes technically NJIT is in Newark, but it is in the really nice part of Newark. Newark IS as dangerous as people say in many parts. Stick to the business or ironbound districts and you should be fine.
    Hey do you have your car at school? If so, what car in the deck? I don't have mine but it's a PSM WRX sedan......... I have this funny feeling that this is Korey.......

Originally posted by InfamousDX
    Hey do you have your car at school? If so, what car in the deck? I don't have mine but it's a PSM WRX sedan......... I have this funny feeling that this is Korey.......
    Lol yup this is Kory. I don't live down there anymore so my car is only in the deck when I'm at class or visiting. Its the white one with tints, the headlight mod, foglight covers w/decepticons on em, and an STi exhaust (after next week it will just be just a straight pipe from the axel back). It also has a nice rusty chip/dent in the front left fender from when I got shot at (no it wasn't in Newark, lol).

How do you like your new car??? What are your plans for it?

Originally posted by korpse
    Lol yup this is Kory. I don't live down there anymore so my car is only in the deck when I'm at class or visiting. Its the white one with tints, the headlight mod, foglight covers w/decepticons on em, and an STi exhaust (after next week it will just be just a straight pipe from the axel back). It also has a nice rusty chip/dent in the front left fender from when I got shot at (no it wasn't in Newark, lol).

How do you like your new car??? What are your plans for it?
    Oh ok. For a second I thought you were the black one that was parked behind me in the deck today with the HKS Titanium exhaust and gauges in the A pillar. But yea, the car's great. Tranny could be a lot better but I guess some company will fix that. My plans are to wait about a year and then I'll go crazy. I'm waiting for Dave Buschur to come out with fit kits for his DSM turbos, maybe a Big 16G or a 20G. I'm going all out once I save up all my money. I'll just stop clogging this thread and IM you sometime, since Ed and JC have your sn (and are my roommates, lol). Peace.......

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.