MD - now what?

This is a discussion on MD - now what? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well, I just picked up my WRX last night (yay!) and spent much of the morning just zipping around the ...

Post MD - now what?

Well, I just picked up my WRX last night (yay!) and spent much of the morning just zipping around the area - I was just wondering if anyone knows of any particularily delicious roads in the MD area? I live just north of DC, not to far from VA... just looking for long drives free of traffic lights, with passable scenery, plenty of twisties and enough passing lanes I've only been in the area 6 months and havn't found anything particularily noteworthy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

since you're in Gaithersburg, Take 118 West until it ends at Rte 28. Turn right at 28, you can go all the way to Point of Rocks MD, very nice.

Or you can veer left off of Rte 28 onto 107 towards Whites Ferry. Go through Poolesville all the way to the Ferry.

Alternately you can make a Right onto Clopper (117) from 118 towards Boyds. At the stop go straight onto Whiteground. Follow out to 28, turn right, turn right again at Bucklodge, and take that back to 121 Clarksburg Rd. Make a left on 121.

For local roads those are pretty good. Anything around Sugarloaf mountain (off of Comus Rd.) should also be pretty nice. SOme paved some gravel.

Gonz.

if you're ever around the old ellicott city area, there are some really cool backroad twisties
    lock, not stock, and one smoking barrel...

It might be too late to notify you, but try this. Nasioc thread, they're going for a drive this Sunday.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by scoobin'
    if you're ever around the old ellicott city area, there are some really cool backroad twisties
    Yeah i grew up in ellicott city, i now live in reisterstown, but howard county is full of wonderful scenery and windy roads.