Ripken on Saturday (7/14/07) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

This is a discussion on Ripken on Saturday (7/14/07) within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by 96accord then why did you buy the STi then? you are never going to run the STi? ...

  1. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    then why did you buy the STi then? you are never going to run the STi? just wondering?
    Not to hi-jack this thread anymore....BUT


    I got the STI because I didnt like the tranny in my WRX. The wrx was fun and plenty fast enough but I wanted something faster. I debated against 20g/PPG's but I wanted a warranty.

    I have a hard time beating on a vehicle I still owe money on. I'm going to try and not track it till it's either paid off or I can afford to replace it (because insurance doesnt cover on track accidents).

    I'm a worst case kind of guy obviously. So worst case is I am running at an Auto-X...something happens and car is totaled. Now I'm stuck with a loan and no car. Of course this HARDLY EVER happens....but I'm still paranoid.

    Got the STI for the tranny, power, warranty, and awesomeness in the snow.

    Hind sight I should have picked up a cheap 4wd truck for the summer and a used something or another (c5 z06 or something simular).

    Oh well I'm rather pleased with my choices...and in a few years I'll hopefully be able to really enjoy the car. Turn it into either an Auto-X car or spend alot of time at HPDE's.


    Sorry for the jack Kevlar.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,085
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I have a hard time beating on a vehicle I still owe money on. I'm going to try and not track it till it's either paid off or I can afford to replace it (because insurance doesnt cover on track accidents).

    I'm a worst case kind of guy obviously. So worst case is I am running at an Auto-X...something happens and car is totaled. Now I'm stuck with a loan and no car. Of course this HARDLY EVER happens....but I'm still paranoid.

    Sorry for the jack Kevlar.
    I understand about the beating on the vehicle before it's paid off, but you gotta get on it sometimes...

    Yeah Auto-x isn't for me.. I am gonna watch..

    Who's all going?

    What time everyone leaving?

  4. #18
    Registered User xMDxWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Towson MD
    Posts
    1,337
    Curse work!!! i want to Auto X my ish
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

  5. #19
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,085

    Pics/Videos up Shortly!

    Pics/Videos up Shortly!

  6. #20
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,085

    Pictures!!

    Here are the pictures I took:

























  7. #21
    Registered User xMDxWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Towson MD
    Posts
    1,337
    why so many slow poor handling cars in one place?

    i loled at the random tires everywhere
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

  8. #22
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,085
    Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    why so many slow poor handling cars in one place?

    i loled at the random tires everywhere
    a lot of miata's, mini cooper's!!

    2 Shelby mustangs (videos coming shortly)

    about 7-10 subaru's

    1 guy I knew and it was his first time.. I have a video of him running.

  9. #23
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,085
    videos are not loading only photobucket... argh

    any other choices on uploading them?

  10. #24
    Registered User brain juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    278
    youtube ??
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #008
    Mods:
    Fuzzy Dice

  11. #25
    Registered User kevlarcupid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    why so many slow poor handling cars in one place?

    i loled at the random tires everywhere
    You gotta come out to the next event, man. You'll have a blast. A lot of guys keep an extra set of wheels and tires just for autocrossing. And the 2 mustangs, and the black and orange camaro were driven by pro-level drivers. Those cars ran some awesome times, believe it or not!
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

  12. #26
    Registered User kevlarcupid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    videos are not loading only photobucket... argh

    any other choices on uploading them?
    Get yourself a free flickr account. Unlimited bandwidth, so long as you link the pictures back to their flickr page. I actually pay for my flickr account, i use it so much.

    Thanks for the pictures, too. I left my camera at home, and I was stoked to see some pics from the event. You gotta race next time you come out!
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

  13. #27
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,085
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid View Post
    Get yourself a free flickr account. Unlimited bandwidth, so long as you link the pictures back to their flickr page. I actually pay for my flickr account, i use it so much.

    Thanks for the pictures, too. I left my camera at home, and I was stoked to see some pics from the event. You gotta race next time you come out!
    I have a flickr account (free).. i will try to host the videos there or youtube.

  14. #28
    Registered User kevlarcupid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    I have a flickr account (free).. i will try to host the videos there or youtube.
    My mistake, man I didn't realize you were talking about video. Sadly, flickr won't host video.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

  15. #29
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,085
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid View Post
    My mistake, man I didn't realize you were talking about video. Sadly, flickr won't host video.
    I am remoting into my home pc and uploading the videos to my youtube account

  16. #30
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,085

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •