What 2 wear 2 court?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What 2 wear 2 court? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i got 2 go court 2mrw nd dunt kno wat 2 wear 2 court...rly dunt wanna b a wise ass ...

Banned

What 2 wear 2 court?

i got 2 go court 2mrw nd dunt kno wat 2 wear 2 court...rly dunt wanna b a wise ass and wear a got drift? shirt or cops lie shirt..need 2 get outa this ticket! i kno i sound like a asking this q but its just 1 less thing 2 worry about.
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 07-04-2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Please do not insult Mods or Admins.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For starters I'd hope you do not talk the way you type.

Secondly wear something nice. A suit if you have it. If not some dress pants/shirt with nice shoes and a sports coat. You dont want to give the impression you are a slum on society.

Also if you are young dont act young. The judge will probaly feel you are a bloodsucker from your parents. So everything/anything you can say to dodge those thoughts would be great.

I know every time I've been to court in MD for stupid traffic stuff the judge always takes the "way you look" into consideration and the way you talk. I've heard "Do you work, do you pay your bills, are you in school?" If they answered yes then 9 out of 10 the judge said "I'm not going to mess with your insurance PBJ and slow down". If you answered No then he piled on the tickets and court fees and said "Your parents can pay for this bill to since they havent taught you to be a grown up".

3 different judges on different days....all the same theory.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Wear a suit if you have one and don't be a wise ass. Over dressed is better than under.

White shirt, blue suit jacket, beige or blue pants, and for god sakes, match your leather belt and shoes. Look like you wear it on a regular basis, Iron it, donít use slang, and be respectful to the officer (if he shows, and pray he doesnít) and the judge, obviously. If you look like a kid, donít act like one, act like an adult who had a lapse in judgment.

Respect goes a long way, I went to the magistrate once, and had discussion with a man in the lobby while I was waiting for the desk attendant to finish with another "customer". It turns out the man I was talking to was the judge, whom later dropped the ticket (95 in a 60, 3AM) and I only had to pay court fees. A potential 300 dollar ticket with big insurance implications turned into 99 dollars just because I was respectful, and didnít gripe about the cop who had pulled me over.

Oh, and he said that I better not ever show up there again!

I Support ClubWRX
    On more thing. Yes sir no sir yes ma'm no ma'm.

DO IT.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    On more thing. Yes sir no sir yes ma'm no ma'm.

DO IT.
    Absolutely

Banned
    Thanks for the imput..and ive been praticing my yes sir/ma'am haha..
    oo and another thing...i got a 42 in a 25 and an illegal exhaust system..wat shoul di do about the exhaust...take it off or drive it 2 court? I had the silencer in when i got the ticket but rly dunt wanna change it.

If its a legal exhaust then go to the manufacturers website, find the decibel rating for it, print the information, take photos of the exhaust (taking special note of the silencer) And bring in a printed copy of your states automotive emissions noise laws. The max decibel rating is what you need to have printed (and highlighted) along with the decibel rating showing the that the exhaust you have does not exceed said decibel rating (highlighted as well).

If its illegal, then its illegal, don’t question the officers authority in writing you up for the exhaust, but act confused (and not confrontational) that the ticket does not coincide with state law. (If it doesn’t that is)

Dont take it off, you might as well be admitting guilt if you do, especially if they decide to take it to the meter and see just how loud it is and you have a different exhaust then the one you showed in the courtroom.

What state are you in, and what exhaust do you have anyways?
    Last edited by LanceVance; 07-02-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceVance View Post
    If its a legal exhaust then go to the manufacturers website, find the decibel rating for it, print the information, take photos of the exhaust (taking special note of the silencer) And bring in a printed copy of your states automotive emissions noise laws. The max decibel rating is what you need to have printed (and highlighted) along with the decibel rating showing the that the exhaust you have does not exceed said decibel rating (highlighted as well).

If its illegal, then its illegal, donít question the officers authority in writing you up for the exhaust, but act confused (and not confrontational) that the ticket does not coincide with state law. (If it doesnít that is)

What state are you in, and what exhaust do you have anyways?
    im in va..i have the greddy tic exhaust cat back only

VA is loopy when it come to exhaust. In VA any non oem exhaust is considered illegal enough it is considered 50 state legal. The dont usually pull you for just exhaust but since it was speeding the officer just tossed the exhaust in to show you are a racer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kileryoyo View Post
    VA is loopy when it come to exhaust. In VA any non oem exhaust is considered illegal enough it is considered 50 state legal. The dont usually pull you for just exhaust but since it was speeding the officer just tossed the exhaust in to show you are a racer.
    so should i take it off or no cauzi got court 2mrw morning @ 930

I Support ClubWRX
    @ this thread
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Yeah, good old virginia law states "unusual or excessive noise" is all it takes to ticket an aftermarket exhaust. I would keep it on, print out the informatin on decible ratings for your current exhaust. Explain that when you purchased it you weren't aware of any definitive laws restricting the use of the aftermarket exhaust. Show him that its compliant with most state's noise laws.

"Most applications below 92db, with all under 94db."
    Greddy website - Print it, highlight it.

Also, if asked why you installed an aftermarket exhaust, dont say it was to make it louder, or you "liked the sound", you'll get that citation for sure if you do. Offer to re-install your stock exhaust if virginia's open ended laws are going to create trouble for you.

PS: Going to get an 07 WRX in about 6 months, let me know if you go stock! Im in texas and they could'nt care less about exhaust systems here. Greddy Tic is what i was looking at getting anyways...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceVance View Post
    Yeah, good old virginia law states "unusual or excessive noise" is all it takes to ticket an aftermarket exhaust. I would keep it on, print out the informatin on decible ratings for your current exhaust. Explain that when you purchased it you weren't aware of any definitive laws restricting the use of the aftermarket exhaust. Show him that its compliant with most state's noise laws.

"Most applications below 92db, with all under 94db."
    Greddy website - Print it, highlight it.

Also, if asked why you installed an aftermarket exhaust, dont say it was to make it louder, or you "liked the sound", you'll get that citation for sure if you do. Offer to re-install your stock exhaust if virginia's open ended laws are going to create trouble for you.

PS: Going to get an 07 WRX in about 6 months, let me know if you go stock! Im in texas and they could'nt care less about exhaust systems here. Greddy Tic is what i was looking at getting anyways...
    honestly im gonna buy the spt exhaust...just so it might cauz less problems...i got about 2k miles on this exhaust jsut bought the car 9 weeks ago and i'll sell u the exhaust if u r interested

94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast