Virgina Exhaust laws
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Virgina Exhaust laws within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i got pulled over 4 my evo2 exhaust...i got a ticket saying illegal exhaust system and the cop told me ...

Banned

Virgina Exhaust laws

i got pulled over 4 my evo2 exhaust...i got a ticket saying illegal exhaust system and the cop told me u r not aloud 2 put an aftermarket exhaust in the state of VA ...is this tru or did he lie 2 me?!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

True. VA is very strict on motor vehicle laws. I mean our tint laws are pretty ridiculous.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

hes right... its illegal in all 50 states
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

yall are someone right . but in more detail VA has set no DB limit for exhaust it just has to be from the factory meaning SPT exhaust is not illegal

Fairfax county blows.
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

ahh richmond no emmission testing , car can pass with no cats on it as long as the pipe goes straight to the rear lol

Banned
    so wat should i say in court 2 defend myself 4 this? the pig told me that anything not stock or oem is illegal in many states, VA incl

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftSti07 View Post
    so wat should i say in court 2 defend myself 4 this? the pig told me that anything not stock or oem is illegal in many states, VA incl
    I had the same thing happen to me when I lived in VA 1 day before I was going to pick up my WRX. I had a civic with a motor swap, exhaust, etc. I got pulled over coming back from dinner. I even told the cop I was getting my new car the very next day. He didn't care. I'm sure they hear stories like that all the time. I ended up getting an exhaust ticket & the same story you got from the cop. Anything other than stock is illegal in VA. I didn't even go to court. I just paid the fine online so I didn't have to deal with it. Boom, whack, done.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    True. VA is very strict on motor vehicle laws. I mean our tint laws are pretty ridiculous.
    +1+1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

yes basically if it doesn't come from the factory ( dealer ) its illegal , but since the SPT is a factory option its not illegal

Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R View Post
    yes basically if it doesn't come from the factory ( dealer ) its illegal , but since the SPT is a factory option its not illegal
    actully it is in some states... from one l.e.o. to another
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

if the exhaust has a C.A.R.B or D.O.T or some other type of road certification, i would think you would be in the clear. Unless it's over 90db or better. I've heard of people with the SPT even getting pulled over and hasseled, even though it's a factory option. i work in fairfax andand have the SPT exhaust and haven't had any problems with the law.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    if the exhaust has a C.A.R.B or D.O.T or some other type of road certification, i would think you would be in the clear. Unless it's over 90db or better. I've heard of people with the SPT even getting pulled over and hasseled, even though it's a factory option. i work in fairfax andand have the SPT exhaust and haven't had any problems with the law.
    i think the mine is like 93 w/ a silencer..but still dunt they have 2 check it wit a meter cause i really dont think it is that loud

Quote Originally Posted by DriftSti07 View Post
    i think the mine is like 93 w/ a silencer..but still dunt they have 2 check it wit a meter cause i really dont think it is that loud
    Nope, in VA the law only says louder than stock, so if the cop listens to it and he thinks it's too loud, he can give you a ticket. It's retarded.
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Fairfax is hipocritical because they will ticket cars for a loud exhaust but not motorcycles...and damn I have some loud ass pipes on all my bikes...LOL!

I have a Borla exhaust on my 350Z and I have never had any issues. It is also not that loud either.
    Last edited by Mattman22033; 06-07-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    06 Wrx Wagon, blue, 5spd
    05 350Z Roadster, super black, 6spd, Borla TD exhaust, K&N
    02 HD "Fat Boy" custom
    02 HD Ultra Classic - 95 hp & 109 ft-lbs
    02 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior - 92.4 hp & 114 ft-lbs
    01 Kawasaki Drifter 1500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.