Questions regarding: AP v2 and Some Local Shops

This is a discussion on Questions regarding: AP v2 and Some Local Shops within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Ok so last night I got my Cobb AP v2 and installed it, but to do so I had to ...

Questions regarding: AP v2 and Some Local Shops

Ok so last night I got my Cobb AP v2 and installed it, but to do so I had to remove the old piece of shyt Greedy Profec EBC. Anyways I came across a vacum hose that is connected to a nipple on the intake manifold, just an inch to the left of the lil red boot that connects to the altenator (if you pop your hood you'll know exactly what I'm talking about). This vacuum hose was broken, meaning where ever the tube leads to from the manifold, is no longer connected. This is whats been making my car idle like ****.

Anyways, after all is said and done and I take her out for a little test run, the first thing I noticed was when boost started to kick in the car seemed like it was hesitating, almost felt like the engine was detonating. Anyways so I get back, pop the hood, recheck that all boost/vacuum lines are connected and can't figure it out. So after a long talk with Cobb, I didn't find it. So I decided to take it back out to just out of curiosity. I did and the hesitation was gone!!

So I thought atleast. Even though the car isn't hesistating like it was at first, when I'm doing 70mph in 5th gear, and I slowly accellerate, while looking at the boost readings on the Access Port I noticed that boost will jump to about 13ish then drop down, then jump back up and go a lil higher, then drop a few psi down. This doesn't happen when I just floor it, the boost sticks at 16ish and stays.

Anyone else have this problem? Or have any ideas what it might be. I was thinking either of the following:

Spark Plugs (I wish but with my luck its not)
    Injectors
    Boost leak

Anyways second question is regarding anyone's personal experience with a MD/DC/VA shop that was able to dyno/tune their WRX/STI. Reason I ask is because I know there are a lot of shops out there who say they can do this, but I don't want to risk taking it to someone who has no experience with our cars. Also I hear with Stage 2 Cobb, getting the car Tuned with an Intake really makes a big difference.

Ok I'm done. Also sorry about the long ass post, its late and i'm rambling on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    When you took the BC off did you put the restrictor pill back in the line?

It sounds like that might be your problem, but you should be on wastegate pressure if that was the case.

I'd look for a leak if you have the pill in there.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Ya I felt the wastegate lines for the pill and its there. I can't think of anything else but it being either a boost leak, fuel issue, or spark plugs. I'm going to try and load the stock maps back on and see if it still occurs. If it does then its most likely one of the three problems mentioned and not the AP.

I Support ClubWRX
    What mods are on the car? Are you the first owner? Just because there is a pill in there doesnt mean it's the right one. The previous owner might have had a vf-39 or larger turbo in there and it may be altered.

If you are the first owner then nothing to worry about.

It's not easy to trouble shot something over the internet. If you cant figure it out make a trip to either Andrewtech or Agile auto and let them sort it out.

The Mods that I have on the car are:
    Uppipe, Down Pipe, Catback, and the new Access Port V2. I took off my Intake and BoV.

No I am the second owner, however, I highly doubt the 55 yearold chick I bought the car from was doing turbo upgrades lol.

I think I will end up taking it to a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by SwirvnWRX View Post
    The Mods that I have on the car are:
    Uppipe, Down Pipe, Catback, and the new Access Port V2. I took off my Intake and BoV.

No I am the second owner, however, I highly doubt the 55 yearold chick I bought the car from was doing turbo upgrades lol.

I think I will end up taking it to a shop.
    Old ladies add to being sleeper
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

So I changed ECU map back to stock and it still hesitates. At least now I know it's not the AP. Think Subaru of Annapolis could handle this, I've never really had to take my car there.

I Support ClubWRX
    A modded car should probaly be taken to a shop that does modding to trouble shoot something like this.

It wouldnt hurt to call over there and see if they have messed with many modded WRXs. I'd personally recommend andrewtech/agile.