Baltimore County Meet/Drive/Lunch Thread-May 5th - Page 17
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

This is a discussion on Baltimore County Meet/Drive/Lunch Thread-May 5th within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Thats a good number for a drive like that. When you have twenty cars it can become really difficult. 10 ...

Thats a good number for a drive like that. When you have twenty cars it can become really difficult. 10 is a real workable group. Glad you guys had fun. As for that last minute bugeye, I wonder if that was Steve...street racing litter bug.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Seeing StaRS View Post
    Thats a good number for a drive like that. When you have twenty cars it can become really difficult. 10 is a real workable group. Glad you guys had fun. As for that last minute bugeye, I wonder if that was Steve...street racing litter bug.
    the last minute bugeye was a guy that had Georgia plates he was heading up to NY for a funeral with his wife/girlfriend/friend

Ok, disregard previous assumption.

At any rate, the Steve kid.... street racing litter bug. Didn't take long for me to figure out he wasn't worthy of my respect. word to the wise...

[resume thread]

Post more pics!

At any rate, the Steve kid.... street racing litter bug. Didn't take long for me to figure out he wasn't worthy of my respect. word to the wise...

[resume thread]

Post more pics!
    i don't remember which guy was steve... not good with trying to remember 11 or so people's names... what kinda car did he have?

This car. I wont forget, cause it put that bad a taste in my mouth.

This car. I wont forget, cause it put that bad a taste in my mouth.
    yeah he was there.. he wasn't acting stupid there or anything...

Well, maybe he is learning that to be accepted in a Subaru community you can't be a fool. I'm sorry if he's somebodies friend or something, but he hasn't impressed me in my dealings with him. It takes a while for the mark of a tool to wear off with me ie: racing on Rt.24 and throwing trash under his car at a (previous) meet then giving me attitude about it.

At any rate, enough of my personal drama, I'm getting pissed off again. Lets get back on topic before my head explodes .

Well, maybe he is learning that to be accepted in a Subaru community you can't be a fool. I'm sorry if he's somebodies friend or something, but he hasn't impressed me in my dealings with him. It takes a while for the mark of a tool to wear off with me ie: racing on Rt.24 and throwing trash under his car at a (previous) meet then giving me attitude about it.

At any rate, enough of my personal drama, I'm getting pissed off again. Lets get back on topic before my head explodes .
    were you busy today?? how come you didn't come out?

I had to work otherwise I would have been there

Quote Originally Posted by RossLH View Post
    Awesome pictures, guys. Next time I'll bring a passenger along to take some pictures and possibly some videos.
    sounds like a plan
    Looks like you guys had a good turn out. What was the total showing of cars?

Finally, how did that street racing tool Steve end up being invited
    10 cars + the guy from GA, 11 heads for lunch. we did not prescreen the attendee's. i don't think any of us had knowledge of him.

i have hosted drives of 30 cars, now THAT is were the challenge really begins, lol. as stated later, the add-on bugeye was not steve.

[resume thread]

Post more pics!
    no more pics to post, only 2 cams at the meet

if he is the same guy, he certainly was not that way at our meet. i led the pack and kept the front from going too fast (this going against every impusle in me to drive fast.). we made it clear that this was not to be a drift event, either. sure it is fun to slide around a turn, but there are times and places for that, none of which include public roads, in fairly populated areas, during a staurday afternoon.

the fact is that at any meet where multiple members are attending should be treated as something "above" you. we naturally draw more attention than usual thanks to styling mods, exhaust tones, and the size of the pack. when people see a line of cars of the same make, they think "hey look at that", when the line keeps going car after car, they stop walking down the street and watch the line. i am not saying we have an image to uphold, but at the same time, we don't need to blacklist the name of our car club in local areas by causing trouble. i have never been one for racing on the street, although i do drive quickly with multiple car friends through many sets of turns. we are not trying to pass each other, go faster than another, or prove anything to anyone. most times tires don't even make noise. we are all just having fun on a road. we don't try to effect other cars or people near the roadway. we drive in line and in OUR LANES ONLY. when i think of street racing, i think of people who take unnecessary chances that may cause a damage to property or life, in the ineterest of being bigger, stronger, faster than the next.

i am very happy our event carried none of the behavior from above. if anything, my tires made the most noise
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for those extra pics 96accord. My side mirror looks awful, I should have cleaned off before we left...really ruins that one picture.

I'm glad we got a few pics of the Dam also...love the scenic views.

And yeah we didnt pre-screen anyone either. It was just a come and show up. I dont remember him posting on the board so he might have been a friend of a friend.

Once again thanks for everyone who came out and for being responsible. I attempted to make that clear before we left and thanks for respecting.

Hopefully someone can get this going in the fall. Possible start somewhere up north and hit pretty boy dam or something. I think whitemarsh to pretty boy would be a heck of a drive, but I think we'd all be cramped afterwards.

Hope I didnt scare 96accord to much with my insane driving

Thanks again guys (and I for one enjoyed 06ltd's dumbass motorcycle storieis...since I dont have the balls to buy one it's always nice to hear others).
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...36#post1916536

Nope, that guy was me that jumped into the pack. Thanks again!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RooRunner View Post
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...36#post1916536

Nope, that guy was me that jumped into the pack. Thanks again!
    That was pretty cool to just jump in a line of Subarus when you had no idea where/what we were doing. Nice bugeye and I hope your trip went well.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

oh how I wish I was there... I know everyone of those rd's in those pics, and it looked like to be a nice turn out and beautiful whether. If anyone knows were to find a 06 act street clutch or something comparable soon let me know...my car is just waiting on a clutch.
    Maybe a mid summer meet? ya know...so I can actually bring my car!

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Thanks for those extra pics 96accord. My side mirror looks awful, I should have cleaned off before we left...really ruins that one picture.
    302@12psi: you didn't scare me... You don't take it hard on the car remember!!