RallyCross Events in Orange, VA
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on RallyCross Events in Orange, VA within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Come on out and spank your subie in the dirt at our next event on April 22nd. We have an ...

RallyCross Events in Orange, VA

Come on out and spank your subie in the dirt at our next event on April 22nd. We have an entry level drivers school on April 21st, $35 for all day with lots of seat time. See http://www.dcrally.com/ for registration, in car video, pics, location.

And a national event in June 16-17, regular points event Sept 9, Oct 7, Nov 4.

Don't worry this is what subies are designed for. Huge thrill to catch the wave from 3500 while grabbing for traction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've been interested in trying this out. From the website it looks like a great location.

I've got to ask the wimp question though... what is the surface like? And would I be fine running on my stock '06 rims with 215/45-17's? I would definitely get different rims if I got into it, but I'm just looking to give it a try. And do you experience a lot of paint chipping from throwing gravel/dirt/etc?

The surface at Oakland Acres is orange clay. No rocks, big/small or in between. After a day of runs you can see black where tires leave rubber, its that hard. And lots of dust, bring a spare air filter to drive home on. The April 21st driver school is the best way to get into rallycross, only $35 for a day and alot of seat time. Only 20 spaces. Your car and rims will be OK.

I've been to OA a few times, only as a spectator. But I'll attest to it being really fun (even just observing was fun). But definitely be ready to look like you used spray on tanner by the time you leave there.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

i was at a rallycross event in TN this past weekend and the dirt was the same red clay and yes therer was dust too. wonderful combination the red dust and sunscreen. But was worth it. took 3rd overall, place 1st in class and won $250 courtesy of Subaru.

1st place was a 2.5 block with 2.0 heads, pipes/chip/coilovers and 2nd was a i forget all the mods, 3rd was me with anti liftkit and rear swaybar everything else bone stock and 4th was a stock sti running on winter tires. 1-3 we all had rally tires. rest of competitors had no subaru.

we have a national event too in June with money paid by Subie, VW, kumho, yokohama, speed dynamics. check dcrally.com for details.

Has anything happened with the Oakland Acres location? It doesn't seem that there are any rally events scheduled this year there. I was looking forward to going to some this summer and checked the DCrally site and they're all scheduled up in WV.

Anyone have details on the OA site?
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

To answer my own question, I contacted the DC rally group. Turns out the Oakland Acres site is to be sold, so they've moved the rally race to the Summit Point location now.
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.