Mach V / Ultimate Performance in NoVa - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mach V / Ultimate Performance in NoVa within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Okeyd57 I've dealt with Dan at MachV several times. They installed my Deadbolt 20G, fmic, injectors, fuel ...

Quote Originally Posted by Okeyd57 View Post
    I've dealt with Dan at MachV several times. They installed my Deadbolt 20G, fmic, injectors, fuel pump, colder plugs. On a conservative tune, I have 330whp, 310 ft/lb. torque. I was very satisfied with their work. Plus I had to drive 4 hours each way from West Virginia. I wouldn't have gone back the second time if I didn't like their work ! He's a little high on prices, but that doesn't make him bad.

Impressive numbers. Did they delete your TGV's to get that HP?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I go to Ultimate for anything I can't do on my own... I've always been happy with their service. Mach V is awesome for parts

Talk to Donnie he'll hook you up

im 19 and in college-- i went in to order tires the other day at a shop and they treated me like a piece of shi!t too. i get much better customer service at home though-
    holla atchya boy!

i have only bought too things from them no problems....yet...they do tend to act like sometimes like your an inconvenience lol but Dan was cool...
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

I had a good experience with Dan & Mach V - installed my parts, put on a "Pro-tune," car runs great a year later...

I had them install a few parts on my old Corrado but yea they were always really high on price.

Just called the other day about a spring install and they wanted like $400 no joke, not including alignment. Such BS.
    2007 OBP WRX - Girls <3 fast cars too

About 3 years ago I had a problem with my car not revving past 5k. I thought it was the UTEC, came to find out it was something completely different. Needless to say, I hadn't had a whole lot of experience with EM in a practical application, just reading on here, so I called them up and asked if anyone would be able to take a look at the car for me, possibly see if they could diagnose it, since I knew they did Subarus. When I showed up, nobody treated me like a customer. I pulled my car into the parking lot and walked in through the big door into their garage and walked up to the guy at the counter (fat white guy with dreadlocks, not sure what his name was). I told him I was here to have someone take a look at my car and after having driven about an hour to get there he told me that nobody did that, but if I wanted to, I could pay for a custom dyno tune. Fantastic, just what I need.

I told him, no, that's not what I came for, but if there was someone with some technical expertise I'd be happy to pay for their services if they could diagnose and/or fix the problem. That seemed to confuse him.

I waited around till some other people started showing up (it was early in the morning, like 9am-ish). Not a single other person offered to speak with me and whenever I would approach anyone working on a car or going back into the back office, they would say something like "oh that's not my job" or "you gotta talk to Dan, I have no idea..." So like 4 hours after he told me to show up, Dan appears with a box full of parts and wanted to spend like an hour and a half showing them off to all his employees. After loitering around uncomfortably receiving ZERO service for about 5 hours (even after the fatty with dreds told Dan why I was there) I finally went up to Dan and said "listen, we spoke online, you told me to be here 5 hours ago. Your employees have blown me off or been rude to me, so I'm leaving. You could have earned a customer today, but now I'm just pissed." At this he decided to actually take a look at my car, which involved pulling up the kickplate, looking at the utec, saying "I have no idea," after about 2 minutes, and buttoned it back up to send me on my way. When I asked him what his professional opinion was and showed him on a test drive what the problem was, he told me that I probably just needed to get a tune, which he would happily supply for (insert overpriced dollar amount here).

It was just a stupid experience altogether and I was VERY VERY VERY unimpressed with way they treated me, both as a person and as a customer.

2 enthusiastic thumbs down

~Tim

EDIT: The actual cause of the problem was that the cable from the speed sensor in my tranny was not connected to the engine harness, causing the car to go into "safe" mode and not rev past 5k because it had no way to guage engine speed vs. wheel speed. Additionally, my speedo didn't work since there was no sensor input. Any qualified mechanic with a flashlight and a lift could have diagnosed it in about 5 minutes, and incidentally, DID diagnose it when I took the car to Precision Tuning in New Jersey.
    Last edited by Timdog1650; 05-11-2007 at 02:41 PM.

i would not deal with machv. a lot of local guys dont even like dan and his shop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.