Subaru of Hunt Valley

This is a discussion on Subaru of Hunt Valley within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well I have had a bad experiance with their sales staff and now their service staff so I figured I'll ...

I Support ClubWRX

Subaru of Hunt Valley

Well I have had a bad experiance with their sales staff and now their service staff so I figured I'll make a jumbo post locking it all together.

The story for the sales staff is as follows: I really wanted a LTD STI when they came out and SHV had one on their lot. They have had it for several weeks prior to me asking about it. Through email I get a price which was OTD at around 34ish (I dont know the exact numbers it's been awhile). I went and looked at the car but did not buy it that night. I wait 3 weeks and go back and look at the SAME car and the salesman says "there is an issue". Well they wouldnt honor my qoute that was given to me on the car and now they wanted 35,700 BEFORE fees....but since there was a mix up they'd let it go for 35,200 before fees.

I am in shock since it's the SAME car at the SAME dealership just 3 weeks later. They said that the internet sales person made a mistake and offered the car at 500 over MSRP. They didnt know it was a "limited" edition car and now they are asking for more. Anyone who doesnt know the LTD and reg. STI have the same invoice amount.

I leave the store and email subaru. Through Subaru they determine that they do not have to honor the qoute and Subaru cant really do anything about it. Subaru was very helpful with the whole thing. I assume Subaru sided with me because they offered a "repeat buyer" offer for any new Subaru that I might buy in the next 90 days. I think if I was in the wrong Subaru would have said "to bad so sad".

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now for anyone who is considering having service there please read this part. This was me basically going in there saying "I know there is a reflash offered and I'd like to have it done". The reflash is for the stutter and other issues that the 07 STI seems to have. Several people have had this reflash done at other dealerships with no question asks.

I ask the guy who checked me in to please let me go on any test drive in my car. He looks at me and says "Well they work on these cars all the time"...No crap but I'd like to be in my 33,000 dollar I just bought when someone else drives it.

After that frustrating experiance the tech goes for a test drive. Other then the fact that my girlfriend would have done less wear on my clutch it wasnt to bad to start. I understand I complained about a stuttering issue so there was a need to get into some boost. But my complaint was when I was BARELY accelerating there was a stutter around 3-3,500 rpms. I also complained stating that some times the car ran good and other times it ran like a dead horse.

So he's getting on it a tad but still only revving to 3,500 until we go to get on the beltway. He gets into boost pretty well and of course my shift lite/buzzer goes off at 3,800 and what's the normal/logical thing to do...rev it up to 5k. I asked him not to do that as the car isnt through break in nor is my complaitn with how the car drives past 3,500 rpms.

We then get back into traffic where he attempts to do a downshift instead of braking like a normal person would and the car lurches forward. I explained to him how also the rev's werent dropping like they should in traffic. He shifted the car 4-6 times in traffic and each time the revs were a good 500-600 rpms higher then they should have been (Shifting the shifter at normal speed and let the clutch out like a normal person). He said "It feels okay to me"....buddy you are driving it and cant upshift without lurching the car...nothing is normal with that.

He then goes back to the dealership and takes a look for any paperwork on the car. He comes back and says the part number I gave him for the reflash is a WHOLE new ECU unit and not a flash and without any CEL's he cant install it. I didnt even ask him what the summary on the reflash says because I was rather pissed off. I told him "thanks that's fine I'll just go to another dealership who actually confirmed there was a reflash and deal with it accordingly."

The really cool thing is he again burnt clutch as he was moving the car 5 feet up a small incline. Then he hands me the keys and says nothings wrong with it....so I go to get back into my car. 3-4 lot boys were standing around and asked to wash my car...no thanks considering it's about to rain.

Overall another lack luster experiance at Hunt Valley. I will not be taking my Subaru back there for anything. I guess at this point I'm either stuck with Heritage Subaru for Service (I will never buy a car there) or making a hour drive to annapolis every time I need an oil change.

So the car still has the RPM dropping issue, still has a "lurcher" feel at 3k rpms in lower gears with no throttle, and about 4 out of 10 times I go to get on the car to get into the traffic it's like riding a dead horse.

Thanks for the great help Subaru of Hunt Valley
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As an ex sales consultant at the local Subaru dealership, I can relate. When you first got the price for the STi and then went back and got a different (higher) price, was it a later month? Every month incentives change, and that may well be the issue. If Subaru was offering 1000 customer cash one month, it might be much less the next month if anything at all the next month. I ran into this many times.

Buying a car thru internet/ email is the only way to go. At least in my experience. At the dealership I worked at, internet sales are based on volume. Meaning vehicles are sometimes sold at invoice or slightly above it. Internet sales consultants are paid on a different scale b/c they sell on volume, not gross.

For example, I had a customer on a '06 Legacy SE. She came in and we worked the numbers, everything worked out ok, but she did not buy it that night. The next day, our internet sales consultant gets an email from her was quoted a price over $1000 less than what I quoted her. Actually in this place we all worked together, so it all worked out and she drove away very happy. Damn I'm rambling again, I need another beer...
    Last edited by twoturbos; 03-14-2007 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

I Support ClubWRX
    HA...no that wasnt the case. If it was the case (another month) they would have explained it to me and that would have been okay.

The situation was they internet sales man who had no idea what the LTD STI was qouted a price based off of invoice and not off of demand. I show up and they realize what they did and they DID NOT want to sell me the car the first time I went because they realized they could make more on someone else. Of course they didnt pressure me or anything and they never said "this is a one time price as we messed up" but rather said "Okay sorry we couldnt get it done".

So I show up 3 weeks later and they basically say "We dont have to honor that qoute any longer and we realize that people are paying MSRP+ at other dealerships for these cars so we are marking it up".

They through customer service out the window in order to make another 1-2k on the car. Bottom line....and that is how the everyone from SOA to the sales manager explained it to me.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Wow that dealership doesn't have a clue what's going on. Prices based on demand not on invoice? WOW. Big demand when it's sitting there for weeks and weeks. We had a '06 Legacy Spec B we couldn't give away. That ended up going for less than invoice, just to move it. We didn't sell many STi's, most were DX'd out or sat and sat on the lot. I sold one, but the idiot that bought it came from Mustangs and wanted to make a drift car. He came back two weeks later with a busted motor mount pissed he couldn't break the wheels loose.

Marking up vehicles? Move on to another dealership. A lot of the people I worked with had never seen a Subaru marked up. The only vehicle I saw marked up was a GT40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

That dealership doesn't have a clue what is going on period!

Just for the record, since we're all hating....

JONES SUBARU IN BEL AIR SUCKS JUST AS BAD!!!

Joe

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Joe,
    they must really suck for you to post !!
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Oh yes, they make a living out of sucking.

Btw - How have you been Andy?

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    good mate and yerself ?
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Hanging in there...can't complain

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    waiting for a winter storm watch here anything from ice rain to 5-14" snow depending on track of weather !

should be fun drivin to werk n back tomorrow
    "All We'll Drive"