Delaware Rt 82

This is a discussion on Delaware Rt 82 within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; If anybody has the cajones to try this hard-core sprint on Route 82 south, go for it. At the end ...

If anybody has the cajones to try this hard-core sprint on Route 82 south, go for it. At the end of Yorklyn road, across that green bridge, where Yorklyn intersects with Rt 82 by the NVS...thats the start of this road rally. Go south from the stop sign on 82, bear left at the only fork on the road, turn right, go through the stop sign and across the resevoir, turn right on centerville. Continue on centerville until you make a left onto hillside. Follow hillside until you get to the highschool...AI duPont. Its a 6.2 mile sprint. Best time I've ever seen is a 5:30 in my friends WRX with only an intake and catback. Dont think anyone will ever top it. PM me if you wanna talk about it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by IonSpeedMaster View Post
    If anybody has the cajones to try this hard-core sprint on Route 82 south, go for it. At the end of Yorklyn road, across that green bridge, where Yorklyn intersects with Rt 82 by the NVS...thats the start of this road rally. Go south from the stop sign on 82, bear left at the only fork on the road, turn right, go through the stop sign and across the resevoir, turn right on centerville. Continue on centerville until you make a left onto hillside. Follow hillside until you get to the highschool...AI duPont. Its a 6.2 mile sprint. Best time I've ever seen is a 5:30 in my friends WRX with only an intake and catback. Dont think anyone will ever top it. PM me if you wanna talk about it
    Do you go to AI? I live on hillside...And I drive 82 through yorklin a couple times a week to my friends house in landedberg. It's a pretty good route. I'm a big fan of smith's bridge road...go up 52 towards pa... right onto centermeeting rd directly after the centerville sign and follow that straight to the 4-way stop, go straight...and after you go through the bridge make your first left, it's fantastic. I led that route on a small wrx rally last year. Got a ride in a 415whp wrx the 3rd time we did that route, it was pretty insane.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

ionspeedmaster. which friend did that. Haha. fyi for everyone that was me at about 2 am. average speed of 71mph. from a stop on yorklyn bridge to ai. it is so fun bet nobody can beat 5:30. haha

There are way way to many houses on that road to be racing there. If you want to do a rally course then enter a rally. Spirited driving is one thing, but racing on a public road to beat a time is just rediculous. People like you give wrx drivers a bad name. Oh and you suck at math. To the original poster, those are some great roads.
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

Quote Originally Posted by rexspeedmaster View Post
    ionspeedmaster. which friend did that. Haha. fyi for everyone that was me at about 2 am. average speed of 71mph. from a stop on yorklyn bridge to ai. it is so fun bet nobody can beat 5:30. haha
    Yeah, I have seen more than my fair share of deer in that area. Pretty bad time of day to be driving fast, and pretty bad time of the year. Oh an that isn't 71mph its an ave. 67.63mph. 5min 30s= 5.5 min: 5.5/60= 0.09166667hrs 6.2/0.09166667= 67.6364 mph. I mean that is fast, but not epic by any means. Assuming it was a closed course, someone that knows the road well would demolish that time. Anyone with autocross experience would dominate it.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

haha. ok sorry i was off by 4. i calculated that in my head right after i did it about a year ago.
    the only thing that was really a danger was to hit deer, and i personally have never seen a deer on that road and i have lived there all my life.
    if you think that that is not epic try it... have fun. I did it with 6 mon driving experience on stick so i think its pretty good. I would be very interested to see what you could run buddy. haha. i will even give you an advantage that i didnt have. Ill close the road for you. haha let meknow.

As for giving WRX drivers a bad name. I highly doubt that. As nobody saw me driving since it was at 2 maybe if i go weaving down the highway at rush hour that would not be to good. WRX dont have a bad name because of the way we drive. People who dont drive fast cars realte them all in the same category. Fast cars + people = bad. they dont care if you drive like a bi*tch alll the time they will still give you a bad rep.

Also that rally was run as stated with a catback and intake mod. I have stock tires, stock swaybars, most importantly stock brakes, and stock everything having to do with the car. all the wieght in it plus someone else. (you cant flame me cause they wanted to come ) So i think between that and my 6 mon experience with stick it was pretty good. Im sure now with my mods and a few autocrosses under my belt i could run a faster time. However i still dont think anyone will every beat that time simply because it is a very scary road to drive on. It is alot different in a parking lot then on a road where you have to worry about hitting a tree, going into a river, animals, and other cars and people. It is alot more dangerous which is why i wont try to beat it again. I have see people get messed up on that road going 40, not 67.63636361... that is what made me as well as my other friends decide to stop this. I admit that i was not the smartest thing to do. I was simply saying that i dont think anyone else can beat that time. If someone does i will want some kind of proof just like timeslips for 1/4 races. I dotn have proof by the way, it was videotaped but it is lost in the archives. Anyway, we stopped because we matured and realized it was dangerous.
    If anyone does beat that time, you certainly wont see me out there trying to beat them i can tell you that much, even though i know i could probably run faster. PS> this rally road is really nothing like an autocross.

Quote Originally Posted by rexspeedmaster View Post
    PS> this rally road is really nothing like an autocross.
    I was commenting on the idea of cornering to maximize speed, ie heel-toe skill...braking before turns..smoothly transitioned weight shifts....and were you driving apex to apex? or staying in your lane?
    '06 wrx wr-blue

I was in the car with rexspeedmaster when he did that "rally." I guarantee that there are very few people on this site that could beat that time if they were under the same circumstances. If it was blocked off and there wasnt the risk of deer, other drivers, ect. I still think that very few people could achieve that time. As for him and I, we both went to AI, graduated last year. He practically lives on route 82, and I'm familiar with it because of how good of a driving road it is. The "rally" was video taped but was erased/ lost due to undisclosable information. It is a very challenging drive if one was going all out with a specific time goal. The math for rexspeedmaster is also off because the time wasnt exactly 5:30. The time was somewhere between 5:30 and 5:40 (5:36) because at that time we considered the finish line to the "rally" turning into AI at the second available right, past the annex, and then making the next available left, to the second row of the parking lot. We amended our "rally" course finish line to be the white stripe on hillside road instead of the entrance into the parking lot simply because brake fade was a huge issue after going all out the whole way, hitting extremely fast speeds on hillside road, but then slamming on the worn brakes to make 2 tiny little turns. Finishing his "rally" and making those two final turns into the parking lot, rexspeedmaster ran a 5:36, but we dropped it to a 5:30 when we shortened the course as to not include the final two turns. If he did it again with the same effort, the time would be somehwhere around a 5:25 because of all the speed lost when we made those final turns. The moral of the story is that this "rally" was something fun to do late at night with the risks as limited as possible. We, rexspeedmaster, myself, and our other friend, now understand that the rally was a horrible idea and extremely dangerous and shouldnt be tried because of all of the risks. Driving like this doesnt necessarily give a WRX a bad name. Bad/stupid/punk drivers are all lumped into one category, they arent divided into punk subaru/punk honda/punk mitsubishi drivers ect. The whole point of my original post was to say what an excellent backroad Route 82 is, especially for sports cars, and to offer a challenge, the 82-AI "Rally," admitting that it is very dangerous, and that the record for rexspeedmaster is likely not to be broken, especially for a car with equal upgrades....as he said, an intake and catback. If you think its easy to beat, try it.

Im not reading the books that you both posted. If you want to prove yourself go to an autocross. The first time I went the instructor that rode with me said I was "naturally talented." If you dont believe me you can ask bill (04.spt.wrx). But im not trying to get into a **** measuring contest, just saying that your gonna kill yourself or someone else. Have you seen first hand what happens to someone who crashes at 100+?? Its not pretty, and even worse to clean up. Anyway you cut it, your irresponsible and immature.

ps- Another way to prove yourself is mid atlantic raceway http://www.midatlanticgrandprix.com/...COME_RACE_FANS
    There you can try to beat my best time of 22.18 seconds.
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

if you dont want to read them then you dont have to. I suggest you should since you are mostly what prompted them, and they could eliminate some of the misunderstanding that you have... your call though.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF4E View Post
    There you can try to beat my best time of 22.18 seconds.
    Yeah, good luck. If either of you rt 82 monsters can beat that, I won't believe it. I've been there like 2 or 3 times. I ran like a 22.6. 22.18 is unreal, jesus.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

I've been there, to mid atlantic grand prix. I'm not a go kart junkie and dont remember my slips. The only thing I remember about that is plopping down 18 bucks to drive for 8 minutes made my meat soft and flaccid. Read our "books" and take into consideration everyting that we've said. We knew/know its dangerous, and we dont do it anymore. Howd this get so off topic. JUST GO DRIVE RT 82. Then if you want another short sprint in delaware try upper pike creek road. Thats pretty fun for the short time it lasts

I Support ClubWRX
    Moved here from Fun Drives - not appropriate in that forum.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

This doesn't really seem like a wrx vs the world article....

Quote Originally Posted by smorris View Post
    Moved here from Fun Drives - not appropriate in that forum.
    Well it is a "fun drive" but it has become a bit of an argument. It doesnt belong here so I am moving it to Mid-Atlantic since that is where it takes place.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4