Local dealership for Valentine1 radar detector?

This is a discussion on Local dealership for Valentine1 radar detector? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I live in the Baltimore area and I'm looking to get a Valentine1 radar detector before I drive to Florida ...

Local dealership for Valentine1 radar detector?

I live in the Baltimore area and I'm looking to get a Valentine1 radar detector before I drive to Florida next week. Does anyone know of a shop in the area that stocks them? Preferably one that is also experienced in installing them.

Thanks!
    Jon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i don't know where to get 1 fast, i ordered mine directly from them, but it may take 2 weeks if you do.

about installing them, all you do is plug the power in and hang it on the windshield. do not pay someone to do this, it is senseless. i have mine hardwired to the car so it comes on auto when i start the car. i did this in 5 minutes. again, do not pay for an install. i can walk you thru it over the phone in 3 minutes.

good luck finding one fast, tho. seriously, it will probably be hard to find for a prompt delivery.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    i don't know where to get 1 fast, i ordered mine directly from them, but it may take 2 weeks if you do.

about installing them, all you do is plug the power in and hang it on the windshield. do not pay someone to do this, it is senseless. i have mine hardwired to the car so it comes on auto when i start the car. i did this in 5 minutes. again, do not pay for an install. i can walk you thru it over the phone in 3 minutes.

good luck finding one fast, tho. seriously, it will probably be hard to find for a prompt delivery.
    if you call them they can over night or 2-3 day you one
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

don't forget to take the radar detector off the glass in va. it is illegal to have one in va.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    don't forget to take the radar detector off the glass in va. it is illegal to have one in va.
    And yes you will still get a ticket for it in VA if its in the glove box since its still considered in ( reach ) . but there is one alternatiive to that . the one i will be buying is the whisper fusion gauge pod mount detector . fits in a standard gauge pod holder . The V1 and the whisper are detectable but with all the XM radios setting the radar detector detectors off its a slim chance you will get pulled for them detecting one since it sends off the same signal .

Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R View Post
    And yes you will still get a ticket for it in VA if its in the glove box since its still considered in ( reach ) . but there is one alternatiive to that . the one i will be buying is the whisper fusion gauge pod mount detector . fits in a standard gauge pod holder . The V1 and the whisper are detectable but with all the XM radios setting the radar detector detectors off its a slim chance you will get pulled for them detecting one since it sends off the same signal .
    the valentine does not "send off" any signals. it is a reciever only. this is explicitly mentioned in the owner's manual.

From the manual:
    "Valentine One is defined as a radio by the FCC. It recieves only. It's a passive device that in no way interferes with the communications or business of others."
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

is the v1 illegal in maryland? seems like it would be a good thing to buy...
    bugeye mafia #116
    military militia #229
    super 16 powered...
    301 awhp
    261 awtq
    -a victim of the world becoming too soft.

no. radar/laser detector are not illegal in md.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77