MD: Need to borrow an OBDII Scanner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on MD: Need to borrow an OBDII Scanner within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; My boy bought an 02 rex and has had it for a month now. His CEL just came on and ...

Exclamation MD: Need to borrow an OBDII Scanner

My boy bought an 02 rex and has had it for a month now. His CEL just came on and nothing appears to be wrong. He has 52k on it and no mods. We looked into periodic maint. and none of the things listed seem like it should be the reason. Does anyone local to Baltimore have an OBDII scanner and be able to meet us/him to use on his ride to see what code he is throwing?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect
    My boy bought an 02 rex and has had it for a month now. His CEL just came on and nothing appears to be wrong. He has 52k on it and no mods. We looked into periodic maint. and none of the things listed seem like it should be the reason. Does anyone local to Baltimore have an OBDII scanner and be able to meet us/him to use on his ride to see what code he is throwing?
    probably uppipe related....what mods? are you sure there's no uppipe, those are hard to spot. Periodic maintenence will NOT throw CEL's on a Subaru. I'd make sure the gas cap was tight.

you can go to Auto Zone or Pep Boys and they'll scan it for free.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

well, i said no mods above, but he bought it used. so there is a possibility of a leak, IF the car was modded and returned to stock. nice tip about the local rice stores and obdii scanner, tho. thanks, blarg
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect
    well, i said no mods above, but he bought it used. so there is a possibility of a leak, IF the car was modded and returned to stock. nice tip about the local rice stores and obdii scanner, tho. thanks, blarg
    if it was returned to stock, its possible that the EGT sensor in the uppipe or the rear O2 sensor in the midpipe burned out while the car was running modded, then when it was returned to stock, they're giving funny readings. Still, it a good idea to make sure you're not throwing a serious CEL.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

excellent info, as usual, blarg. i sent my boy a link to this thread so i am sure he will see this. n00b question, the sensors would in fact throw separate codes, right?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Anyone with a Cobb AP can scan it as well. I hope he gets it fixed soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisTR06
    I've heard that the AP is probaly the worst to use as a scan tool. Several codes dont come up and others come up different numbers then they should. But in a jam I'm sure it would work.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I've heard that the AP is probaly the worst to use as a scan tool. Several codes dont come up and others come up different numbers then they should. But in a jam I'm sure it would work.
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisTR06
    you were the backup plan
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Dude, what's going on with your car, Tom? You're always helping your friends out, but we haven't heard from you in ages!
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid
    Dude, what's going on with your car, Tom? You're always helping your friends out, but we haven't heard from you in ages!
    haha, mine has been down graded i had to sell the utec to pay for my lawyer. i did manage to get the whiteline 24mm adj. rear sway on the car. i have fender braces, trany crossmember bushings, and rear diff mount bushings to put on. my money is pretty much non existent for the next month or so. i plan on doing some small things over the winter, but mostly save the money for a full stage 2 and wheels in the spring.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Damn, man. Sorry to hear about that, but it looks like you're keeping your chin up through the whole thing, which is awesome. Come on up to the BASC mini meet tomorrow. I'm planning on heading up there.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear about that, but it looks like you're keeping your chin up through the whole thing, which is awesome. Come on up to the BASC mini meet tomorrow. I'm planning on heading up there.
    i wish i could. tomorrow is the bullet for my valentine concert and i have to do long overdue lawn work before laser surgery on friday morning.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

if its still like that after the 20th , may be able to bring a friend up with his laptop . this guy comes to the sunday meets in richmond usually pulls at least one map a night and loads what ever the owner wants . don't know what he uses but i do know its not the cobb tuner software .

actually, he told me a few minutes ago that the light went out on his way home from work. he said this is the second time this has happend. he also said that he doesn't have a turbo heat shield and the bolts are marked up on the downpipe. so he is going with the notion the car was modded and that blarg is right about the exhaust leak and hopping it is not a fried sensor. as far as i know, scanning now would be pointless since the light went out.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.