MD: Need to borrow an OBDII Scanner - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on MD: Need to borrow an OBDII Scanner within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by rex.effect actually, he told me a few minutes ago that the light went out on his way ...

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect
    actually, he told me a few minutes ago that the light went out on his way home from work. he said this is the second time this has happend. he also said that he doesn't have a turbo heat shield and the bolts are marked up on the downpipe. so he is going with the notion the car was modded and that blarg is right about the exhaust leak and hopping it is not a fried sensor. as far as i know, scanning now would be pointless since the light went out.
    scanning is not pointless since he can read the fuel map , see if its running lean or rich .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

excellent info, as usual, blarg. i sent my boy a link to this thread so i am sure he will see this. n00b question, the sensors would in fact throw separate codes, right?
    yes, the uppipe sensor will throw either EGT too high or EGT too low code. The rear O2 sensor will throw a cat. inefficiency code.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R
    scanning is not pointless since he can read the fuel map , see if its running lean or rich .
    never thought of that. cool, i will tell him about it. let me know if you can.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

i wish i could. tomorrow is the bullet for my valentine concert and i have to do long overdue lawn work before laser surgery on friday morning.
    Woah. Somehow I missed that Bullet for my Valentine is coming. The end of August through like March has so many sick concerts coming up. Have fun at the show, man. We'll catch up sometime.

Also, definitely still check the car out with at least an AP if not a scanner. If it throws a CEL, and the light goes off, my guess is that it'll come back on. Check the MAF sensor, too. If they come dislodged or a little loose, it'll intermittently throw CELs. And it's simple to fix.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid
    Woah. Somehow I missed that Bullet for my Valentine is coming. The end of August through like March has so many sick concerts coming up. Have fun at the show, man. We'll catch up sometime.

Also, definitely still check the car out with at least an AP if not a scanner. If it throws a CEL, and the light goes off, my guess is that it'll come back on. Check the MAF sensor, too. If they come dislodged or a little loose, it'll intermittently throw CELs. And it's simple to fix.
    checking the mas isn't a bad idea , even if its a feshly cleaned/oiled k&n filter , maybe to much oil .

haha. yeah, they are sold out now. when i got mine on tuesday there were only 20 left.
    Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R
    checking the mas isn't a bad idea , even if its a feshly cleaned/oiled k&n filter , maybe to much oil .
    he def does not have a drop in filter, but we will check the sensor for gunk. i bought the cleaner a while back for mine, altho i never looked at mine yet either
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12