labor day speed traps!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on labor day speed traps! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So i was coming back from Ocean City tonight, keeping up with traffic, doing my best to stay in the ...

labor day speed traps!

So i was coming back from Ocean City tonight, keeping up with traffic, doing my best to stay in the pack because i know that the cops are back. And on route 50 i get singled out among everybody and pulled over. Cop gave me a ticket for doing 76 in a 65. I guess i should have stayed at 65 even though every minivan around me was going just as fast if not faster than i was.

Have any of you maryland guys gotten a ticket from a state trooper outside of your area? If i go to court for this one am i going to have to go back down to salisbury or can i go here in Glen Burnie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Memorial Day and Labor Day are probably the favorite times for the revenue collectors to go to work. I saw three collections taking place today.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

He's a STATE trooper soyour city hall should handle it. Cop's here in Washington are upgrading there Bike to Honda CBR900's!! CRAP!! The Harly's were bad enouph .
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

I had the same thing happen down in MD a few years back. Sucks doesn't it?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I think Bike cops are the worst. I think they like to just get on it when they see someone go just over.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXgotit
    I think Bike cops are the worst. I think they like to just get on it when they see someone go just over.
    Um ... what stage are you at?

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Um ... what stage are you at?

for some reason that pciture reminded me of Reno 911. Anyone watch that show
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

How can you look so seriouse when you look like that?

Oh, yeah! I've been drinking Jack and Pepsi all night and watching NASCAR! Woohoo! You gotta take holidays into consideration when you are breaking the law! If you are driving? Take it easy.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Banned
    Word, I'm down near AC right now and I am scared sheetless of going over 25n even when the sign says 35, I think they're just kidding and it'll go right back into a 25 and ill get nailed. I did have some mighty fun enjoyment on a certain stretch of the ocean drive tho. :-D

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Poekin
    So i was coming back from Ocean City tonight, keeping up with traffic, doing my best to stay in the pack because i know that the cops are back. And on route 50 i get singled out among everybody and pulled over. Cop gave me a ticket for doing 76 in a 65. I guess i should have stayed at 65 even though every minivan around me was going just as fast if not faster than i was.

Have any of you maryland guys gotten a ticket from a state trooper outside of your area? If i go to court for this one am i going to have to go back down to salisbury or can i go here in Glen Burnie.
    The ticket will go to the court of the area, not the court of where you live. They arent going to make the Trooper drive up to your area on states time and burn state gas. Good luck.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    The ticket will go to the court of the area, not the court of where you live. They arent going to make the Trooper drive up to your area on states time and burn state gas. Good luck.
    +1. you are going to have to go back to salibury. have fun with that, too. locals don't like us (tourist beach traffic) so they are going to try to stick it to you.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

yea im wondering if it will be even worth it to drive back to fight it. The ticket is 80 bucks right now, i dunno if it involves any points, i asked the cop and he said that i had to contact the MVA. the 80 bucks isnt that bad, i just dont want my insurance to go up

yea im wondering if it will be even worth it to drive back to fight it. The ticket is 80 bucks right now, i dunno if it involves any points, i asked the cop and he said that i had to contact the MVA. the 80 bucks isnt that bad, i just dont want my insurance to go up
    on memorial day i got pulled over on my way to oc 3times and 1 as soon as i got into oc.first time was for speeding the rest was for tint.i had all windows %10 and full windshield 15.i was doing 74 in 55 and went to court in centreville and got off.fight the good fight my brother!

it is worth fighting the ticket. 9 times out of 10, you will get a reduced fine and less points for showing up. of course, this is if you have a clean record. according to the md law library, you are looking at 2 points.
    http://mlis.state.md.us/cgi-win/web_...exe?gtr&16-402
    &
    http://www.lawlib.state.md.us/speed.html
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast