Buying Used Car in PA or MD
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Buying Used Car in PA or MD within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Im in NY and ive found two wrx's im seriously interested in buying but I want to make sure that ...

Buying Used Car in PA or MD

Im in NY and ive found two wrx's im seriously interested in buying but I want to make sure that whichever one I decide on is in good condition before I buy it. Both still have the warranty however one only has it for about 400 miles more. I need your help, any reputable places near media,PA or baltimore,MD that can take a look at it before I make my choice.

Here's the info on the cars, feel free to comment if you think one is better...
    asking:17kOBO Silver
    miles:35.6k
    Extras
    premium package(sunroof,heated seats&windshield wipers.)
    Modifications:Borla Hush, Sti replica rear strut(I want the borla hush anyway tho...)
    OTHER CAR
    asking:19.9OBO Black
    miles:27.5k
    Extras
    Short throw shifter, turbo gauge, rear spoiler

The 2nd seems like its owned by an older guy even though ive never spoken to him but the first has mods that I want to do anyway(but there still mods... which makes you wonder how he drove the car)

Thanks for your help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

personally, i would coin up the extra just to have one that an old guy drove. i know how i drove when i was younger and i was mean to my car.

where exactly are these cars located? pa is rather big and md has shops all over.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I Support ClubWRX
    Define old and mean. I am 44 and autox my WRX. It comes down to who you believe is being honest.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

He seemed more 'mature'...but it also says he recently changed the tires is that too early?

rexeffect-i think it says in the post, media,PA and baltimore,md dont know a street addy

oops, missed that
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

any places?

I want to go see the cars wednesday or thursday,any shops near media,PA, its just south of philly, i think like 30/45 minutes. Any others near baltimore?
    PLEASE HELP ME OUT

i wish i could help, but i am overly paranoid about things like this so i think everybody sucks. annapolis subaru deal on nasioc. i would imagine they could be looked up
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Im paranoid too, but im getting anxious and want a wrx now. But i dont want to get ripped off. what do you mean anapolis subaru?
    i know about them, i was looking at a wrx from them but i dont want to pay the high tax from a dealer, at least from a private seller you can have him write a lower price.

i didn't know if you were being given the opportunity to drop it off at a shop to have it looked at, or not. if so, annapolis subaru may be able to help you with the vehicle inspection. i don't know what it would cost or if this is even a real option. i know when i was looking to get my car, i drove it out to my local mechanic and had him look at it to see if he could find and reason for me not to buy the car.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

gonna pm jackie@annapolis

well its going to valley motors tomarrow for a pre-purchase inspection...we'll see

i am glad you founf someone to help. let us know how they are and whether to use them again.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I will, so far so good. They are very nice/courteous. The seller is taking a while to schedule the appointment though(he's in college as well) so im starting to doubt the sale, but im hoping it turns out all good. I originally made the app. b/c he said he was open all week 'cept tuesday then i make it and he says its no good, then i change it and its still no good so I had him call and make it to his liking.we shall see...that was 12o'clock and it's now 1130 at night and still no message from him.

that sucks, i wish you the best of luck
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.