Pics from 8/14 Philly SCCA AutoX at Ripken
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Pics from 8/14 Philly SCCA AutoX at Ripken within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I finally got pics posted of the Philly region AutoX this past weekend at ripken. Here's the set on my ...

Pics from 8/14 Philly SCCA AutoX at Ripken

I finally got pics posted of the Philly region AutoX this past weekend at ripken. Here's the set on my personal Flickr account. Check 'em out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevlarc...7594238754343/

And this is my favorite pic of the bunch. My friend took it while playing with my camera (his first time with an SLR). It's me in my car in the front, Bill (04.SPT.WRX) on his third run in the middle, and a dude's mini in the back. Cool pic indeed!

In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet pics Jehan. I like the pic of all those Shelby's. Were they all legit or replicas? Sweet stuff. Never seen that many at a Philly event ever.

joe

Thanks, Joe! All the Cobra's were replicas from what I understand. It was kind of interesting to see them on the course because none of the owners would push the car. They all took it like a leisurely drive. Chookeat brought up the point that "if I had a Cobra, I'd baby it, too."

When's the next time you'll be able to make it out? I thought I saw Heath's car at the AutoX, but by the time I could make it over to talk, it was gone. Or I was just goofing out from being in the sun all day!

Got to love the Cobras even if they are replicas.
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

I Support ClubWRX
    The Cobras were more like Slowbras. One of the silver Cobras was driving at what seemed like golf cart speed.

My thinking: if you are not going to try to run at least a little hard stay off of the course so the people who want to run don't have to wait.

Beautiful cars, and oh ... did they sound great! One guy was pushing it pretty good ... only one out of seven.

Jehan - looks like you could use some stiffer springs and sways! Good to see you out there. Warminster on the 27th?

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Heheh, yeah, I definitely need stiffer springs and sways. And new tires. I'm just figuring out if I should get wheels and tires now, spings and bars as time goes on, or tires and bars, and maybe springs now, wheels later. I've been leaning toward the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid
    Thanks, Joe! All the Cobra's were replicas from what I understand. It was kind of interesting to see them on the course because none of the owners would push the car. They all took it like a leisurely drive. Chookeat brought up the point that "if I had a Cobra, I'd baby it, too."

When's the next time you'll be able to make it out? I thought I saw Heath's car at the AutoX, but by the time I could make it over to talk, it was gone. Or I was just goofing out from being in the sun all day!

Hey dude,
    What is with those guys that have money cars babying them? I went to the Porsche club Autox the following day at Ripken and left because I was bored. They were absolutely pathetic Talk about not pushing it. They should get together with those Cobra guys.

As for the next time I want to make it out...probably gonna be Autocrossers Inc. (at least I hope). I would have done Philly but I was working at Agile, so was Heath. It's posted on the BASC. I just need to be sure that I'm free that day.

joe

Registered User Ludicrous Speed's Avatar

It's me!

Look ma! No hands!!!
    You must unlearn what you have learned!

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like a ton of fun.....next outting can you PM me and if it's close I'd love to go as a spectator/co-driver just to get a feel for it.

As for the Cobras taking it easier, you can build a kit cobra for around 30k which in my book doesnt put it past the "drive it like you stole it" dollar amount.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Looks like a ton of fun.....next outting can you PM me and if it's close I'd love to go as a spectator/co-driver just to get a feel for it.
    Yes, absolutely. I guess you didn't register for Subie Challenge on the 16th? Even if you didn't, come up. We'll be hanging out, looking at cool cars, and I'm sure you could get a ride along or two!

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    As for the Cobras taking it easier, you can build a kit cobra for around 30k which in my book doesnt put it past the "drive it like you stole it" dollar amount.
    Yeah, and all the Cobras that day were replicas. A couple weeks later, at the Autocrossers Inc event, a different Cobra club came along, and those guys were going! I'd never seen a group with that many red flags.

Registered User Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
    All the Cobra's were replicas from what I understand. It was kind of interesting to see them on the course because none of the owners would push the car. They all took it like a leisurely drive. Chookeat brought up the point that "if I had a Cobra, I'd baby it, too."
    I don't think it was so much the "OMG! I'm going to break my car" as it was the "OMG! I'm about to crap my pants because this thing almost spun around when I barely tapped the throttle!". That's what I meant when I made that comment to Jehan. I was piloting an S2000 and almost had snap oversteer put it in the weeds, and I know two other guys who have actually FUBAR'd their S2K's because of the same snap. Consider the Slowbras have a buttload of more torque...you'd baby it too!
    You must unlearn what you have learned!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, absolutely. I guess you didn't register for Subie Challenge on the 16th? Even if you didn't, come up. We'll be hanging out, looking at cool cars, and I'm sure you could get a ride along or two!

Yeah, and all the Cobras that day were replicas. A couple weeks later, at the Autocrossers Inc event, a different Cobra club came along, and those guys were going! I'd never seen a group with that many red flags.
    Where is the SubieChallenger at? Ripkins or somewhere else?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

It's @ Ripken, just up in Aberdeen.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.