Anyone Know of a good ProTuner in VA w/AWD Dyno?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone Know of a good ProTuner in VA w/AWD Dyno? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I would hate to make a really long trip if it is not necessary, so can anyone help me out?...

Anyone Know of a good ProTuner in VA w/AWD Dyno?

I would hate to make a really long trip if it is not necessary, so can anyone help me out?
    stupidman has spoken

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think if you wanted a GOOD protune then I'd head over to Agile in MD. It's a little bit of a drive, but if you are keeping that setup for awhile I'd think it would be more then worth it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Thanks man, I have fam in MD, so it wouldn't be a wasted trip. Do you have a link for the shop or any info?

I am getting ready to slap on an alky kit and I want to protune immediately afterward so I can use the potential powa.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Thanks man, I have fam in MD, so it wouldn't be a wasted trip. Do you have a link for the shop or any info?

I am getting ready to slap on an alky kit and I want to protune immediately afterward so I can use the potential powa.
    what em are you running?

agile auto is pretty good, as i hear it. one thing though. they don't answer emails, so def call them.

http://www.agileauto.com/

personally, i will spend the extra $50/hr and have turboxs tune my utec.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Running the Cobb AP, gonna check that link out now. Thanks
    stupidman has spoken

Running the Cobb AP, gonna check that link out now. Thanks
    I am absolutely positive that agile will tune the ap. $250/hr for tuning, and I have been told that it will generally take 3-4 for an intial protune.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd take a Utec car to the people that made it (either TurboXS or phil @ element).

But it does appear that Agile does great work with the AP. Search nasioc and you can find there tunes over there. Good luck.

And if you do set up a Protune please PM me the date and time as I'd like to sit in on one of these if that's ok with you.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    And if you do set up a Protune please PM me the date and time as I'd like to sit in on one of these if that's ok with you.
    +10000000000000000
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect
    I am absolutely positive that agile will tune the ap. $250/hr for tuning, and I have been told that it will generally take 3-4 for an intial protune.
    Is that time for one map? Or two? That seems very high. I am hoping to get a protune map for pump gas, and then one for the alky. If it is 3-4hrs x 250 for each map I will buy the street tuner software and tune myself. That would be like 1500-2000 for two maps. 750 for two maps doesn't seem unreasonable though

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    No problem. I will be sure to let you know if/when it all goes down. I was just mapquesting the shop and it would be quite a trip from south central VA. Im thinking I may trailer my car up and just spend the night in a hotel. Either that or find a closer tuner.
    stupidman has spoken

i am sure there is a good tuner more local to you. come you va guys and gals, help him out
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Thinking about making the trip to agile in mid-late august. Just ordered the Alky Kit.
    stupidman has spoken

Dyno Inc.
    549 S. Birdneck Road Suite 108
    Virgionia Beach, VA. 23451
    757-493-3555

They have been open for a month now and they are doing very well. They have a Mustang dyno which is a great tuning tool and can even do 1/4 mile drags.

$75 3 pulls AWD with a/f, HP and TQ

$120 hr AWD to rent

$180 hr AWD for tuning

FWD and RWD are a little cheaper

They are an Authorized Cobb Dealer and Pro tuning facility. They are also experienced with Utec, AEM, Hydra, DSM link, AFCs, and just about any other tuning device out there.

They are also a full performance shop and they will have a full FAB shop open at the end of July.
    Give them a call or stop by, they are a bunch of gret guys!

Have you dealt with them? I may just give them a call on monday.

That would be great since the trip to MD has been put off until early sept. Plus me and the wife want to go to the beach soon anyway.
    stupidman has spoken

Just ordered the street tuner software. I am going to probably make the trip to VA beach (since that is the way my wife is pressuring me). So I will probably use their dyno to tune on, and do the tune myself.
    stupidman has spoken

Just ordered the street tuner software. I am going to probably make the trip to VA beach (since that is the way my wife is pressuring me). So I will probably use their dyno to tune on, and do the tune myself.
    so how did it go?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.