Time Attack at Summit Point Raceway August 6, 2006!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Time Attack at Summit Point Raceway August 6, 2006! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; On August 6th there is a Japanese style racing event: The Redline Time Attack at Summit Point Raceway, WV. Anyone ...

Time Attack at Summit Point Raceway August 6, 2006!

On August 6th there is a Japanese style racing event: The Redline Time Attack at Summit Point Raceway, WV.

Anyone on here going/participating? I'll be there, but only as a hired hand (without pay) to assist a friend and I'll be shooting pix. Some world class drivers will be there with some highly tuned cars. I doun't think we'll have any Subbies with us, but I'm sure therell be some running!

If your in the area stop by!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i talked to the guys throwing this meet at the dcawd meet at d&b's this week. this is going to be worth seeing. if any of you can make it, i highly recommend it. i have the flyer, and will scan and post tomorrow.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Please do. I was on the website yesterday and I have mixed feelings about this event. It appears to mainly be for people driving and not the most spectator friendly event. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

joe

Quote Originally Posted by Seeing StaRS
    Please do. I was on the website yesterday and I have mixed feelings about this event. It appears to mainly be for people driving and not the most spectator friendly event. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

joe
    That is true. It will be mostly for drivers. The thing is that it is a road coarse time attack. From whatever spectator stands they may or may not have, the view is going to be limited. However, I would imaging that the people participating are going to have some pretty sweet rides. Also, that really popular japanese drifter is going to be there racing a shop evo in the attack. I can't remember the name, but the shop guys who was at the dcawd meet said he was the guy with the crazy hair. If I am right, he is the guy with the orange highlighted hair that does all those crazy drift stunts on internet videos. I wanna go just to see him f' around. It is a little bit of a hike for us south of the mason-dixon, but it still may be worth checking out.

The road course itself is great. I was planning on taking racing classes up there next summer. I was going to do it with my last car too, but I didn't make enough money to warrant spending $300 on racing school. Now it's different and I WILL take that class when I am done my suspension and wheel upgrades.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

This will mostly be a driver oreinted event, but there is plenty of room to spectate at SPR. Also, these kind of events generally let you get right up close to the cars and drivers. This allows lots of interaction, as long as the drivers are having a good day

Look us up, we'll have the Silver Evo XIII with the JSC logo on the side.

Hmm, well I'll have to think about it...

Taz,
    It sounds to me like your talking about the drifter named "Tarzan"

wait a minute. i just reread a post from above...jscspeed, are you the guy with the arnage?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I Support ClubWRX
    Man this is a STEAL!!!!! $380 bucks to register, with morning and afternoon session followed by a time attack with 3 to 5 cars on the track. Talk about a dream come true!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to loan me their STi for the day??? That is, anyone with some good pads, lines and fluids. The rest is just fine. I"M NOT KIDDING!!! OK...I'm kidding. Besides, I can't afford it right at this moment.

There is also a car show the day of the event, so there might actually be a decent crowd. I couldn't find how much to get in the gates, but it can't be too bad. If the wife lets me, I'll be there!!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect
    wait a minute. i just reread a post from above...jscspeed, are you the guy with the arnage?
    Um, no...I drive a tC, one guys got an Elise, but no Bentlys here.

Quote Originally Posted by JSCspeed
    Um, no...I drive a tC, one guys got an Elise, but no Bentlys here.
    There was a shop guy there, but I never caught the name of the shop. He has the Bently. Just wondering if it was you.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Damn I wish I could attend this or had a car running for this... too bad I'll be in Vegas for that weekend.

I Support ClubWRX
    Anyone who is leaving from the around Philly, Wilmington, or parts NE of the track, we'll be heading out at 7AM that morning. We'll be on 95 beginning just at the PA/MD border if you want to caraven. Just my LGT this time, but particpants are more than welcome to join with us for the cruise down...or let us know where you are starting from and we'll see if we can get to you!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Look me up when you get there. We're spending the night SW of Baltimore. I'll have a JSC Speed shirt on (I'm trying to get some swag to take with me) and a big camera around my neck

I Support ClubWRX
    Staying at the Holiday Inn? That's where I usually stay when heading to Summit. First name? Mines Scott..of course
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

No Holiday inn...the guy I'm going with, his mom is about an hour away from SPR...free nights stay! PM Sent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast