Official August 6th Virginia WRX Meet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Official August 6th Virginia WRX Meet within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; 06 Aug Autocross TBA Richmond Raceway Complex TBA VMSC.org is holding a autocross event at Richmond International Raceway in parking ...

Official August 6th Virginia WRX Meet

06 Aug Autocross TBA Richmond Raceway Complex TBA

VMSC.org is holding a autocross event at Richmond International Raceway in parking lot C, which is accessible from Gate 2 on Laburnum Avenue.

Drivers who want to enter their car . From VMSC Site Note: We will be allowed to hold events at RRC only under very specific guidelines. We will not be able to allow anyone into the venue without signing the insurance waiver at the gate. Everyone who comes to the event will receive a packet of information describing the ground rules for our use of the lot. Please respect the guidelines of the RRC and be mindful of how lucky we are to have use of this venue.

Meeting Spot will be on the East Laburnum Avenue Side shown on the map , there are a few fast food locations and gas stations there . Not sure which one will be a meeting up spot but I will go out there tonight and find one that will be the best to use . Most likely a gas station .

Time of the day will be posted shortly .

Driving Directions to the Raceway

From the North:
    Travel I-95 to Exit 82, take Chamberlayne Avenue (301), turn left at third traffic light onto Azalea Avenue, follow signs (2.5 miles).
    OR Travel I-95 to Exit 43 onto I-295 South. Follow I-295 to Exit 38-B - Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.

From the South:
    Travel I-95 to Exit 82 (DO NOT TAKE FAIRGROUND EXIT 76-A), at end of exit ramp turn right on Chamberlayne Avenue (301), at a second traffic light turn left onto Azalea Avenue, follow signs (2.5 miles).
    OR Travel I-95 to Exit 45 onto I-295 North. Follow I-295 to Exit 38-B - Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.

From the West:
    Travel I-64 east to Exit 186, turn left at end of exit ramp onto Laburnum Avenue, follow Laburnum about 2 miles to Richmond Raceway Complex.
    OR Travel I-64 to Exit 177 onto I-295. Follow I-296 to Exit 38-B - Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.

From the East:
    Travel I-64 west to Exit 195, turn right at end of exit ramp onto Laburnum Avenue, about five miles to Richmond Raceway Complex.
    OR Travel I-64 West to Exit 200 onto I-295 North. Follow I-295 to Exit 38-B - Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.

After the Autocross event or when we get bored lol there is a indoor go kart track with-in 1 mile from the track located on Carolina Ave . ( see Map )

gforcekarts.com or http://www.gforcekarts.com/mypage.html?pg=CarClubs

RiR is also holding another event the same day called the ( Big Flea ) most likely a huge yard sale somewhere on the property .
    Last edited by C89ZX7R; 07-19-2006 at 07:02 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cant make this meet, its the VaDriven.com's Tattoo Party Day, Maybe next time.

Eza
    Richmond is a bit south for me, especially since i dont know sh!t about the area and how to get around here (being from Seattle and we have like 3 freeways) but regardless of that.. I'll be out of town on business that weekend. I'll be traveling between Philly and Toronto during that time frame.

Looks like Ill go, hmmm is this similier to SCCA where there nazis about classes and etc, or is this a "drive what yah brought" type deal and I can have any mods on my car and still compete. Since Ill have the VF-39 on by that time and hopefully coilovers.

Is this a club only event or is ita large auto-x and we are going as a group?

Quote Originally Posted by Sypher
    Looks like Ill go, hmmm is this similier to SCCA where there nazis about classes and etc, or is this a "drive what yah brought" type deal and I can have any mods on my car and still compete. Since Ill have the VF-39 on by that time and hopefully coilovers.
    I haven't raced, but I watched a bit a few weeks ago, and it seemed like a "run what you brung" kind of thing. There was a pretty large variety of cars there. I think it's pretty loose on the rules about cars. There was a guy with an STi there that had a good number of mods. Tein coilovers, headers, and a few other things I can't remember, so you should be fine.
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by RobbWRX
    Is this a club only event or is ita large auto-x and we are going as a group?
    It's an autocross that we are planning to attend as a club, either to watch or participate. Anyone who wants to race, can.
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Hey guys, I don't post here often, but I noticed a bunch of Subies headed our way. I used to run an STX WRX a LOT around here, for those who might know it was the LOUD one with black 5 Zigen FN01R-C's. In any case, I run a green '91 Civic Si hatch in STS now, I'll be there sunday. If you are definitely coming, please try and preregister through the VMSC website. That way we can have your registration card printed and it will make registration a LOT faster for you on sunday morning.

We do use SCCA classing rules, but there's a class for just about any car. Again, it's quicker/easier for you if you can do a little research beforehand and figure out what class you're in, but there are always plenty of helpful, knowledgable people at our events who you can ask. I've been around this stuff for a while, feel free to hunt me down and ask away.

If you've never autocrossed before or haven't autocrossed much, it would be worth your while to attend our Novice Course Walkthrough. We have one of our experienced drivers give an instructed walkthrough to pass on a lot of good information about how to get around the course, and how to get around the course quickly.

What else comes to mind... we will have someone at the gate entrance to sign our safety/liability waiver. Everyone that enters the raceway complex needs to sign, whether you're a driver, spectator, personal ninja, whatever. If you're bringing any minors with you who are not your children, you need to print a minor waiver off the VMSC website and have that filled out beforehand to bring with you to the gate.

Anyhow, let me know if you have any questions via PM, thanks!
    -Chris Perera
    green STS Honda Civic Si
    dailydriven ex-STX WRX
    VMSC Trophy chair
    Chris Perera
    STX WRX

meet info posted on the following

clubwrx
    iwsti
    nasioc
    wrxfanatics
    wrxforum

so a good amount should show up .

p.s. bring some subaru parts , some may buy something from you , you never know .

I thought I would bring a big bag of crack....I know your all a bunch of crackheads.....f*ck subi parts!!!

Here's what I have that's sitting in my garage right now:

Subaru Factory Hitch (lightly used for towing ~4 times) and Subaru wiring Harness (new) $125

GPMoto Turbo inlet pipe- have 1 blue, 1 red, both NEW IN BOX- $185 each (what I paid)

Brakepads: D721-padshape front caliper '02-early '03 WRX
    Cobalt SpecVR track pads- used 2 days- $179 new, $120

Carbotech Panther XP1108 track pads- used 2 days- $139 new, $80

Anyone who wants me to buy any of this from me, please PM me and let me know what to bring. Discounts for multiple items! $cash$ is good!
    Chris Perera
    STX WRX

from VMSC

All events are open to spectators. We do have to ask everyone to sign the insurance waiver....required by our insurance.

The event itself is open to everyone. We only have a few members-only events each year, and those are well advertised as such.

You should open an acount and pre-register, that's the best way of getting in. Show up around 9am, pay the registration fee, get your car tech inspected, and be ready to do your work assignment. when it's your turn. VMSC is a very friendly club, long timers are always willing to help newcomers.

See you there on the 6th,

Michael

=\ think imma just bring my 240sx since I can start in a lower class. Its completely stock. on the wrx with the new turbo and horible tires and stock suspension/brakes Ill get eaten alive haha.

I'll be out of town that weekend, so I'm not going.

Hope no one's forgotten about this
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast