VA Owners Club - NoVA Chapter
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on VA Owners Club - NoVA Chapter within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Don't mind the chapter part, no one take offense, I am not trying to be a thread or club Ninja, ...

Post VA Owners Club - NoVA Chapter

Don't mind the chapter part, no one take offense, I am not trying to be a thread or club Ninja, but I thought I would step up and make a thread for organizing a weekly meet for those who live in NoVA and can't make the more southern meets on a regular basis due to work or other life obligations.

Here's the skinny:

Tuesday nights
    Chili's at Potomac Mills Mall
    Start time: 7:00 PM
    End Time: Whenever you leave

** It may be best to park in the Mall Lot (only about 50' from the Chili's) as opposed to the Chili's lot so we don't interfere with business and get asked to leave. While the meet is new I suggest most of us at least get a soda or appetizer (even if it is to go) so that we are patrons and not simply loiterers. We did this when making a KrispyKreme meet in California and managed to get over 50 cars per week and the blessings of the mall management...the ricer clubs and street bikes got kicked out...

**I will be there in an 03 Silver WRX with a Subaru windshield Banner and MD tags (for now).

**I will probably go there straight from the office, so good chance I will be in Chili's eating something at 7 or alittle before.

**NO burn-outs, e-brake slides, loudest exhaust competitions, or crazy ass driving will be tolerated, and you will be banished to hell, as this is the fastest way to ensure a meet will fail.

If you want to track me down: I am a 6'4 white guy, shaved head, goatee, and will have on suit pants and a button down shirt (unless I forget to take off my tie...lol). My name is Robb.

Hope to see some people there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Potomac Mills is a lot better than Richmond! I mean, Richmond is way too far to drive for a short meet. Not to mention the traffic. PM is still a b*tch for me to get to on Tuesday's after work (downtown Alexandria -- 395 South to 95 South)... yeah... but I'll see what I can do!

I'm eager to meet some fellow Subie owners in the immediate area. I see a couple of you on the road every day, but have only pin-pointed Speedette from this board.

Cheers,

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by 04WhtWRX
    Potomac Mills is a lot better than Richmond! I mean, Richmond is way too far to drive for a short meet. Not to mention the traffic. PM is still a b*tch for me to get to on Tuesday's after work (downtown Alexandria -- 395 South to 95 South)... yeah... but I'll see what I can do!

I'm eager to meet some fellow Subie owners in the immediate area. I see a couple of you on the road every day, but have only pin-pointed Speedette from this board.

Cheers,

Jason
    We'll I'll hang out for a while. Hope to see you there.

Peachypumpkincheeks

I'm in! Let the NoVA Chapter commence!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Registered User kriswhite_23505's Avatar
    Wish I was close but three hours is a little much for me. Good luck and hope it goes well.
    Kris

i'll be tagging along with speedette
    Last edited by HomeRun217; 07-17-2006 at 11:38 PM.
    2005 Crystal Gray WRX - TurboXS Stage 2 - Last Prodrive Exhaust in the US

2nd Place in the 1st Annual Mach V Burger Eating Contest (9 1/2 McD's Burgers)

Hi,

I have every intention on making it on Tuesday. It's been a b*tch and a half at work so far, with things going wrong. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed no sh*t takes place so I can make it! I already told my supervisor I'm leaving early. She's cool with that.

Hope to see ya!

Jason

Hey Jason,

It was good to see you there.

So I guess we officially had a meet, and the dinner wasn't too bad either.

It was awesome to have Heater and HomeRun there too. I mean 4 people on a meet's first night...how cool. OH DAMN, nevermind, no one else showed up! Lol.

Heather, we'll be there next week too, so hope you can make it then...

What happened?

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by RobbWRX
    Hey Jason,

It was good to see you there.

So I guess we officially had a meet, and the dinner wasn't too bad either.

It was awesome to have Heater and HomeRun there too. I mean 4 people on a meet's first night...how cool. OH DAMN, nevermind, no one else showed up! Lol.

Heather, we'll be there next week too, so hope you can make it then...

What happened?
    No one confirmed who was coming!? IMO, whoever sets a meet up needs to keep an active list.

I'll make it next week if we know more than 4 people are going!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    No one confirmed who was coming!? IMO, whoever sets a meet up needs to keep an active list.
    i know right , someone should . any pics ? we had min 12 wrx's at the Virginia Meet located in Richmond , at least 5 of them were sti's . with on-site tuning .

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R
    i know right , someone should . any pics ? we had min 12 wrx's at the Virginia Meet located in Richmond , at least 5 of them were sti's . with on-site tuning .
    That's awesome, the VA club is off to a good start I guess. The NoVA chapter just needs a kick in the butt.

To my knowledge when I checked the board this morning... just the "tagging along with Speedette" and the talk that a few of us were planning on meeting there was good enough. It's always a gamble, but was worth it.

So it was cool meeting Robb tonight. I like what he's done with this rex and sounds great. Mine's still bone stock. We waited an hour chill'n outside our cars in plain view of the restaurant and no one showed. So, dinner was good.

I'm on vacation next week, so getting there shouldn't be an issue. It would be cool to have more show up!

"I'll make it next week if we know more than 4 people are going!!!! LOL" == If you see a Rex anywhere in the area, put a note on their door that tells to come to this site and where the meet is. OPEN THEIR EYES! That's how we'll get more people.

Cheers,

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette

I'll make it next week if we know more than 4 people are going!!!! LOL
    HAHAH this is funny.

If you and your hitch-hiker came we would have had 4.

You know, if everyone waits till there are more people there, we will not have more people there.

It's cool though. The last weekly meet I had to arrange, took a few weeks to get going. In less than 6 months we averaged 40+ a week, so hopefully this one will get going.

As for the Richmond meet, great job, but I'm still not driving that far weekly...

I washed and waxed my rex today, she looks amazing...but Heather said she wasn't gonna go, and that no one was going, so blame her

(sorry for using you as my scapegoat heather)
    2005 Crystal Gray WRX - TurboXS Stage 2 - Last Prodrive Exhaust in the US

2nd Place in the 1st Annual Mach V Burger Eating Contest (9 1/2 McD's Burgers)

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R
    you got pics from your meet ? or a link to them ?
    would be kewl too see

tis ok found 'em:
    Every Sunday's mini meet

some nice lookin Scoobies
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-18-2006 at 09:40 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast