VA Owners Club - NoVA Chapter - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on VA Owners Club - NoVA Chapter within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Crap, there's no post! All this forum switchup (about 3-4 times in a week it seems, has screwed us up). ...

Crap, there's no post! All this forum switchup (about 3-4 times in a week it seems, has screwed us up).

Where and when are we meeting this week?? We need to settle down and make a permanent location.

I'll check this board before I leave work... otherwise I'll be heading home, but will first stop at Red Robin where we met last week.

NoVA--TUESDAY's SUBIE MEET--Red Robin in Fair Lakes--8/1

-- Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Hey Guys--

Each week someone has to take the role of meet planner/organizer, because IMO, having one person deemed 'meet planner' can be quite a burden, especially because we all have jobs that may require overtime or family activities to attend or planned vacations, etc. If you come to this thread and see that nothing has been planned, you are more than welcome to go ahead and plan a meet! Spot out a location, make a new thread, and just give specific details--the subies will come! I'd love to see more local ClubWRX activity, but I can't make it happen myself. So plan those meets, communicate with eachother, and more importantly, show up! Bring friends! Have fun!

Also, this Tuesday, 8/8, I have Muy Thai and will not be attending the meet (though, I'm not even sure there is one?).
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

same location?

once a location has been decided on ill be there! im installing my new ebc brake pads as i type this. oh and by the way for those that dont remember i was at the meet 2 weeks ago at chilis (potomac mills) -mbp bugeye-
    bugeyes forever!

Lightbulb A more central location

Hi Folks,

I've talked to several others and we need to set up 1 solitiary location in the NOVA area for people to meet instead of trying to rely on someone to arrange it. We all have our own busy lives and it would be cool to know that if you show up at that location, then chances are you'll see other WRX/STI owners there.

Looking at locations... how does Tyson's Corner (mall area) sound? It's close enough for the southern MD people, a close distance for any Leesburg, Fairfax, Centreville, etc people, and even reasonable for people coming up from Alexandria/Arlington and the Woodbridge area. Tyson's is easily accessible from 495, Rt 7, and side roads. AND it's almost entirely against traffic for most of us, too. There are plenty of parking spaces and restaurants in the mall and some outside of it.

1 place, 1 day (Tuesdays so far), 1 timeframe (7 pm-ish seems to work)... and the rest is history. From there we can plan other things to do.

-- Jason

i am down, tysons is not bad at all! let me know and i will be there. and lets end all this.
    ...? whats a turbo?

K-sport coil-overs* ADVAN RGII's* HKS TI-CARBON*SPEC-C ROOF VENT* TI-TEK DOWN/UP PIPE* http://www.metamorfasis.com

Is anyone going to the mega meet in the sterling area this sunday? Ill be there in a silver 05 STi with FASSTI ont he tags. Look for me.

Just saying Hi to you guys since I just moved down to Centreville, I've seen only one Rex that waved back at me when I passed by, it was a silver one with some new wheels (passed by fast). I still got my NY plates, so keep an eye out for a 05 black wagon
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

Quote Originally Posted by FASSTI
    Is anyone going to the mega meet in the sterling area this sunday? Ill be there in a silver 05 STi with FASSTI ont he tags. Look for me.
    Mega meet? Sterling? Is there a website with details? i've never heard of this since the 95/123 vdot megameet got shut down
    2005 Crystal Gray WRX - TurboXS Stage 2 - Last Prodrive Exhaust in the US

2nd Place in the 1st Annual Mach V Burger Eating Contest (9 1/2 McD's Burgers)

Peachypumpkincheeks

Hmmm, I found out more info about the Sterling Mega Meet:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...6&page=1&pp=25
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Hey bkzshabbaz,

Welcome to Centreville! I have an 04 White WRX Sedan... chances are we'll cross each other's paths. That I know of in my neighborhood alone is a white WRX wagon, blue WRX sedan, and an 06 black WRX sedan. I've only spoken to the blue one's owner.

Not many of us... but plenty to show the ricers they bought and modified the wrong car.

-- Jason

P.S. I'll most likely be going to that mega meet too.
    Last edited by 04WhtWRX; 08-10-2006 at 09:57 PM.

So, Tyson's Corner? I haven't a clue where ... but somewhere near where there's plenty of mall parking & a restaurant. For as long as I've lived in NOVA, I've never stopped to think about where everything is located around that mall.

I'm too tired to write anything legible right now... g'night.
    - Jason

tysons corner is a nice location to meet because everyone knows where its at, plus its a nice median place to meet. regardless of the location can someone please post wether or not we are having the meet tonight or for that matter on tuesdays period
    bugeyes forever!

The only place I've ever parked at Tysons is in the parking garage next to the California Pizza Kitchen (original food court). However, for the meet, we'd want a more open parking area. Since it is in the evening, then dinner might be a smart idea too, like the original plans. I haven't driven around the mall in a long time to see what's there. Has anyone else?

I'm going to drive up there after work and see what's around there, since I can't remember where the open lots are versus the restaurants. I'd almost say we aren't meeting tonight since no formal plan was set in motion and we need to make an entirely new thread.

Tuesday's are best for me and almost everyone else who we've talked to.

New to clubwrx

Hey All,
    I'm new to this forum. I was actually looking around for opinions on after-market performance parts and found the NoVA group. I'm in Quantico, have a blue (duh) 2002 WRX sedan.hopefully I'll be able to show up to one these meetings some day.

Hey I might try to make one of these one week too. I'm in Fairfax and the Red Robin meet was 5 minutes from my place! Damn I missed it! Oh well, I'll keep checkin here for the next meet.
    2006 Black STI - stock
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Musty-stanks suck. You don't need a spoiler like the STI's in a musty-stank, just open the window and let your mullet produce the downforce.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast