For those that actually live in NORTHERN VA - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on For those that actually live in NORTHERN VA within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Speedette In general you're getting really defensive when there's no need to be. You've also made it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    In general you're getting really defensive when there's no need to be. You've also made it really seem like it's you and C89ZX7R versus the rest of ClubWRX.

I think everyone needs to chill out and take some deep breaths here. This sh1t has gotten out of hand. Especially with C89ZX7R's new post about how the VA State Forum is now 'Closed'.

You guys need to know that some people will oppose the separation of VA from the rest of Mid-A. And others will ask questions. You need to deal with it in a more appropriate manner otherwise it's going to turn into a huge territory battle. I voiced my opinion that I felt the VA-Club was Richmond-bias, because so far, it pretty much is. But I also pointed out, that I need to work towards changing that for the better.

So let's work towards making this Club not suck.
    I was being defensive because someone said I was insulting people from other states when I wasn't, I was only voicing my opinion on the goings-on in other states.

You were the one who made it seem like it was ClubWRX vs. us. This quote ring any bells?
    Because many of them weren't from VA, but Mid-A. Others don't want to rock the boat. Some people just like to complain. I have recieved PMs and have spoken with the mods. I know people here, I've been around long enough. And I was just saying...

Especially when someone new comes in and disrupts the order of the club. It can be taken as a threat, so I just wanted you guys to know that so far the VA Forum has been seen as an imposition to ClubWRX as a whole, rather than part of a group.
    People are PMing you and you're speaking to mods about things we're doing. Wouldn't it make more sense that people PM us and we speak to the mods, since it's things we're doing? We're not trying to separate anything from anything else, we're just trying to get a good VA branch of the club going. Heck, in my originial design of the stickers there was nothing mentioned about ClubWRX and C89 told me to make sure that the club was mentioned, so everyone knew we who we were associated with. The only reason it's been very Ric centered so far is that Ric people are the only one's who have really been active beyond responding to the member list thread. If you look in the upcoming events thread the only people who responded to that up until today were people from around Richmond. What are we supposed to think if people from NoVA aren't giving us any feedback.

We were just going about things in the way we thought was best, based on what we saw from what people said. Obviously we're not senior enough members, and we're disrupting things, so that's fine, some one else can take care of things then...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02
    People are PMing you and you're speaking to mods about things we're doing. Wouldn't it make more sense that people PM us and we speak to the mods, since it's things we're doing?
    Yes, I told them to PM you guys. They have just been talking to me via AIM to get my opinion on things. I was supposed to 'feel the VA club out' and report.

Obviously we're not senior enough members, and we're disrupting things, so that's fine, some one else can take care of things then...
    The only thing I had a problem with was the 'sticker demands'. I was not aware that they were going to be free to 'qualifying members', even so, it does seem pretty bossy for someone to come on here only a month ago and feel that they have the right to tell people who is and is not worthy based on their own opinion of who is or is not a contributing member. I'll still argue that.

Personally, I think this has been drawn out long enough and is just getting annoying, so we either just continue business as normal or Tim will surely pull this forum.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Yes, I told them to PM you guys. They have just been talking to me via AIM to get my opinion on things. I was supposed to 'feel the VA club out' and report.

The only thing I had a problem with was the 'sticker demands'. I was not aware that they were going to be free to 'qualifying members', even so, it does seem pretty bossy for someone to come on here only a month ago and feel that they have the right to tell people who is and is not worthy based on their own opinion of who is or is not a contributing member. I'll still argue that.

Personally, I think this has been drawn out long enough and is just getting annoying, so we either just continue business as normal or Tim will surely pull this forum.
    As far as the stickers, I don't really care either way. For all it matters to me, we don't have to have them, I just thought it would be a cool thing to have. If anything, just get rid of the rules, we'll get them made, figure out how much each one is, and if someone wants them, just paypal the cost + like $1 for postage and and envelope and be done with it.

I dunno, whatever, I'm tired of talking about it all too.

As far as the stickers, I don't really care either way. For all it matters to me, we don't have to have them, I just thought it would be a cool thing to have. If anything, just get rid of the rules, we'll get them made, figure out how much each one is, and if someone wants them, just paypal the cost + like $1 for postage and and envelope and be done with it.

I dunno, whatever, I'm tired of talking about it all too.
    saves me 400+ bux

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    actually last eve i was talkin on im too CJ (C89ZX7R)
    and today i come in and see a mini revolution going on in virginia(north vs south) yet yer one state

what next Va wants to be split into towns ? then villages ? then streets
    maybe i'll call the bloods and the crips an dget you all dif colors to mark yer turf

arrange yer meets and yer events and be cordial too each other ok

maybe i get the Black eyed peas to make a new song "where is the scooby love"
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Start the limbo board.

everyone knows real Virginia starts south of the Occaquan. Heather, you're stateless. I would say you live in DC, but everyone here disavows any knowledge of Fairfax and most of Arlington. The Virginians won't have you cause you're too northern. Third ring of hell...that's where you're at
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    Start the limbo board.

everyone knows real Virginia starts south of the Occaquan. Heather, you're stateless. I would say you live in DC, but everyone here disavows any knowledge of Fairfax and most of Arlington. The Virginians won't have you cause you're too northern. Third ring of hell...that's where you're at
    I thought it was hot in here!

Fairfax??? You mean that giant mall complex that takes up a large portion of NOVA?

I lived there when it really was still a suburb, back in the 70's.

Gauging Interest

Who would be interested in having a meet (weekday probably) at about 6 or 7 pm near the Chili's ( or other restaurant) on the perimiter road/parking at Potomac Mills Mall?

I was thinking dinner or appetizers (if you want), and hang out a while...

Let me know, I would be interested.

Robb

Potomac Mills is a lot closer than Richmond for sure. There's a fair bit of NOVA owners here, but there's yet to be any type of meet. If there's one im available for, im there.

PM is 20-30 minutes from nova and 1.5 hours from RIC. HOW is that a neutral place? I would think F burg a better spot.

there is two crappy gokart tracks , bowling alley , bunch of other stuff in F burg . besides if we get kicked out by the cops then we could just head of to regal across the mall . lol got a contract there .

Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R
    there is two crappy gokart tracks , bowling alley , bunch of other stuff in F burg . besides if we get kicked out by the cops then we could just head of to regal across the mall . lol got a contract there .
    You mean Regal at PM?

Im not trying to drive 1.5 hours up unless we get a serious caravan going up there. it's a 3 hr round trip plus GAS!!! 78.60 a barrell!

For a two hour meet?

Not for me guys. Ill stick to local meets for now.

Quote Originally Posted by FASSTI
    You mean Regal at PM?

Im not trying to drive 1.5 hours up unless we get a serious caravan going up there. it's a 3 hr round trip plus GAS!!! 78.60 a barrell!

For a two hour meet?

Not for me guys. Ill stick to local meets for now.
    fburg is 45 miles from ric

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by RobbWRX
    Who would be interested in having a meet (weekday probably) at about 6 or 7 pm near the Chili's ( or other restaurant) on the perimiter road/parking at Potomac Mills Mall?

I was thinking dinner or appetizers (if you want), and hang out a while...

Let me know, I would be interested.

Robb
    Hey Robb, I'm definitely interested in a Potomac Mills meet. Can you post up a new thread for this? Help separate it from the clutter!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.