Baltimore County Meet Redux part 2. July 23rd
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Baltimore County Meet Redux part 2. July 23rd within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Alright, guys, despite setbacks I'm still determined to have this get together. It looks like way too much fun not ...

Baltimore County Meet Redux part 2. July 23rd

Alright, guys, despite setbacks I'm still determined to have this get together. It looks like way too much fun not to have! Rex.effect put together an awesome drive for us (the test-run last night was spectacular!), and we've adjusted the start and end points for easy-access Here's the details

What: A meet, drive, and lunch on a (sunny) summer sunday afternoon.
    Where: Starts at the White Marsh Park and Ride
    Ends at Hunt Valley Mall
    Food after the drive at Silver Spring Mining Company
    When: Sunday, July 23rd. We'll get underway around 11

Drive Leads:
    rex.effect + his boy
    kevlarcupid + a dude
    SinisTR06 +a seemingly randy girlfriend.

Who's In:
    05wrx4u2nv
    302@12psi + teh Woman
    piobaire + his buddy
    SeeingStaRS + unknown, but seemingly large # o' badass mofos (BelAir Crew)
    Kengerex07 +2 cars
    MDwrx
    twoturbos (he's still in, ladies and gents!)
    soupcan +1 "friend."

Maybes:
    lordcon
    irish.car.bomb

Taking a pass:
    A buncha jerks.

The White Marsh Park and Ride is directly across the street from the Ikea. Here's Ikea's address, since the Park and Ride doesn't have one.
    8352 Honeygo Blvd.
    White Marsh, MD 21236

Questions, comments, concerns? Fire me a PM, or post 'em here. Post here or PM me if you are coming or cancelling! Really looking forward to seeing you all out there.
    Last edited by kevlarcupid; 07-21-2006 at 11:11 AM.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice that's it's still going on. I have 2 quick questions 1st one, althrough it's kind of dumb, but you guys didnt by chance take note of the total milage of the drive you?

Lastly the end is at the mall...any place picked out for food, or just trail and error once we get there?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Nice that's it's still going on. I have 2 quick questions 1st one, althrough it's kind of dumb, but you guys didnt by chance take note of the total milage of the drive you?

Lastly the end is at the mall...any place picked out for food, or just trail and error once we get there?
    the drive was about 50 miles. this seems a little silly, but we don't want to have people feeling "gyp'd" so we thought about an hour drive would be good. the truth is that it could be shorter, it could be longer. you guys just need to tell us what to plan for. even tho i picked the route, jehan will tell you that the roads were a blast and that we have the "keep people together" thing pretty much covered. there are a ton of places for us to pull over, as a group, to recover people who may have been caught at a left, a stop sign, or a red light. i strongly encourage people to come out. it will be a great time, for sure.

about the ending place, i think that silver spring mining company would be good for everyone, including those who are not 21. other places in the area included padonia station, outback, and carrabba's. these are all within 5 miles of our current endpoint, so all are possible. let's hear some feedback from you guys
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

also, jehan and i have not discussed the ending place...at all. as far as i know, this point is still up for debate. if anyone has input, please post. we can not promise to accomidate you, but we will try to do what the majority prefers.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Two more of my friends may bring their cars... One more 05 wrx and a 06 Legacy GT 2.5. But they are a definitely maybe.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #777
    #569/800
    -- Nick

Carrabas, Outback, Silver Spring are all in roughly the same price range, too, so that's sweet. There are a couple mid-fast food places (Noodles & Co. and Chipotle) and there's a pizza joint, and a Ledo's. The problem there is that we'd overrun them if we all just rolled in there. I tend to think it'd be nice to have a place with a few tables set aside for us, and Silver Spring has the biggest variety of food - since some of us might be Vegetarians, not like seafood, love red meat, whatever. But, totally give us feedback 'cause we'd love to hear it!

Also, if you're brining friends to ride along, boy/girlfriends, etc, tell us so that we can plan for everyone. We don't want anyone excluded.

In terms of the drive, Tom put together a great plan. A limited number of left turns to lose people, a lot of places to pick up stragglers, and a bunch of amazing roads. We're gonna have a blast.
    Last edited by kevlarcupid; 07-04-2006 at 11:10 PM.

Only drawback to a "nice" place to eat is trying to pay the food bill. Most places hate splitting checks. Any suggestions on how to work that?

btw- Please edit my roll call to include Seeing Stars + unknown # of Bel Air crew

Quote Originally Posted by Seeing StaRS
    Only drawback to a "nice" place to eat is trying to pay the food bill. Most places hate splitting checks. Any suggestions on how to work that?

btw- Please edit my roll call to include Seeing Stars + unknown # of Bel Air crew
    unfortunately for whoever feeds us, they are going to have to split the checks. i have never done a meet where we had a "treasurer", so everyone is going to have to fend for themselves on that point. in a place like silver spring mining co, the tables in the bar room are smaller (4 people) and they also have booths to seat 6, at best. if we dine in smaller groups, but are all in the same place, we should be fine. that will keep each food tab small. i would not recommend sharing checks at all with bar tabs. that could end up bad, lol.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless it changes I'll be bringing the GF along so 302@12psi + his better half.

I also am not a fan of splitting checks. The gf and I will probaly share an appitiezer and drink water. When we got out with friends it seems like someone is always paying 20 bucks while the other person pays 10. Splitting checks isnt that hard to do if you know in advance anyway.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Taking a pass :

A buncha jerks.

Sorry bout that guys, just hope i can get a new WRX soon.....

possibly brand new STI.......
    - Chris
    05 Red WRX, bone stock, just got it.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXchef1123
    Taking a pass :

A buncha jerks.

Sorry bout that guys, just hope i can get a new WRX soon.....

possibly brand new STI.......

Dude! what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by SinisTR06
    Dude! what happened?
    the dealership was involved in money laundering and other mischievious sh!t. They said that i owed 7 grand more....3 weeks after i bought the car. They were wrong, so i was gonna keep the car and take them to court, but it would be a federal case lasting mny years, and i really wanted nothing to do with a long court process if i dont hve to be.
    Thats pretty much the down low, the guy's name is Mark Kowalski, there is a public address by the fed attorney(i think thts the title). the dealer is Mark Motors.
    pretty interesting, he is now serving 10-12 in the federal pen.
    Later,
    Chris
    - Chris
    05 Red WRX, bone stock, just got it.

Banned
    I'm down and I'm sure my brother will go. He'll need alcohol, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXchef1123
    the dealership was involved in money laundering and other mischievious sh!t. They said that i owed 7 grand more....3 weeks after i bought the car. They were wrong, so i was gonna keep the car and take them to court, but it would be a federal case lasting mny years, and i really wanted nothing to do with a long court process if i dont hve to be.
    Thats pretty much the down low, the guy's name is Mark Kowalski, there is a public address by the fed attorney(i think thts the title). the dealer is Mark Motors.
    pretty interesting, he is now serving 10-12 in the federal pen.
    Later,
    Chris

Damn, I have something like that ALMOST happen to me. Sucks dude, I'm sorry.

Updated the top with Drive Leader recruitment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.