AUTOCROSS!!!! Event #2 in the AI Championship June 17th Ripken Stadium, Aberdeen, MD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on AUTOCROSS!!!! Event #2 in the AI Championship June 17th Ripken Stadium, Aberdeen, MD within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Oh, the Celica was barely able to drive off of the course; there was something wrong with the Sentra's RF ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh, the Celica was barely able to drive off of the course; there was something wrong with the Sentra's RF too. Not sure what though.

I came in 6th in a very competitive STX grouping. I was announcer.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 06-19-2006 at 06:17 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It was a really good time, mishaps aside. I have no clue how I placed. Good job to you, though, Bill! I'll definitely be out for a few more, as they fit into the schedule. It's too much fun to only do once, plus I know that I've got a lot to learn
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid
    It was a really good time, mishaps aside. I have no clue how I placed. Good job to you, though, Bill! I'll definitely be out for a few more, as they fit into the schedule. It's too much fun to only do once, plus I know that I've got a lot to learn
    Glad you enjoyed it! You get better with time ... as long as you had fun and continue to have fun it will be ... well ... fun!

Did you stay on course for all four runs?

No one I spoke with had ever seen a crash and a wheel fall off. And in the same day? I feel disaster proofed now!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

No, I dropped the ball on my last run an missed the offset gate before the last 90 degree turn. It was easily my fastest run, though.

Mark had some really great times, he was consistently at 50 seconds! My best on-course time was 55, but I know I can do better.

And, yeah. Everyone I talked to had never seen any accedents at one of these. Two? People just didn't know what was going on. Must have been the phase of the moon.

I Support ClubWRX
    No, I dropped the ball on my last run an missed the offset gate before the last 90 degree turn. It was easily my fastest run, though.

Mark had some really great times, he was consistently at 50 seconds! My best on-course time was 55, but I know I can do better.

And, yeah. Everyone I talked to had never seen any accedents at one of these. Two? People just didn't know what was going on. Must have been the phase of the moon.
    That is fine for a first day! You will surely get better.

How many events has Mark run in?
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    What happened to the Celica?

How was the event?
    Where did you go?

You asked questions and logged out?
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    That is fine for a first day! You will surely get better.

How many events has Mark run in?
    Thanks, yeah, I'm sure of it. This was Mark's first one, too. He attributed his driving to his living on back-roads. I think it's really because he's a goddamn robot. We gotta stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Where did you go?

You asked questions and logged out?
    Yeah, I had to go clean up the Apt.

I'm glad you had a fun day. That is absolutely crazy that a car hit another car.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks, yeah, I'm sure of it. This was Mark's first one, too. He attributed his driving to his living on back-roads. I think it's really because he's a goddamn robot. We gotta stop him.
    Some people are naturally good drivers; it sounds like Mark is one of them. From what you said today at Ripken I think you did very well for your first time out. Did the instructor have anything good and or constructive to say?

I was not good at first. I kept going off course - a lot.

Today was my most consistent showing yet - four clean runs, each getting better. My 4th was better than 2 seconds faster than my first.

I have some great back roads not far me. I will show them off on the Victory fun run next week - weather permitting (I would rather not take a drive like that if it is too rainy.
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Yeah, I had to go clean up the Apt.

I'm glad you had a fun day. That is absolutely crazy that a car hit another car.
    I had a great time. Great course.

I did not see it happen. Now that I am thinking about it, I think he probably went way off course, got confused and screwed the pooch. I would imagine something would be mentioned on AI's web site soon ... http://www.autocrossersinc.org/wp/

Even in my worst off course ventures (I had many) I never came close to hitting anything except cones.
    Mods & Pics

Hello everyone, I got home at around 5 yesterday since I stuck around to take a drive with the master. His sentra ran a 46 on slicks, absolutely insane. I was just hanging on for dear life. Thanks for the comments, I swear im not a robot I still have alot to learn, but first I need to find some autox only wheels/ tires. You guys did great too, hopefully we all can get out to another one later in the summer. Looking forward to victory meet, cya then! Oh, I took some pics later in the day that will be uploaded soon.
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

pictures from heat 3(?) ripken6-17-06
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkF4E
    pictures from heat 3(?) ripken6-17-06
    Nice pics! One from that collection (the Celica) is on this page:

http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/view...r=asc&start=25

The "Official" statement on the Celica from the above thread:

I guess the "official statement" is that a really experienced autocrosser got lost on course ... instead of making a left at the first 180, he went straight toward the finish lane where another driver had just completed his run.

We put down a wall of pointers after that, but considering we had already completed an entire heat and then some without any other issues, I don't think anybody foresaw this incident happening.

Unofficially, it was just "one of those things" I guess.

Kudos to Rob for getting the Nissan (the car that got hit) home. I heard it was his first ever autocross, so hopefully he doesn't get soured on our sport.

Last edited by Sasquatch; 06-19-2006 at 04:09 PM.
    Mods & Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12