Cobb Tbe

This is a discussion on Cobb Tbe within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I have to vent here, JUST a little bit, I have a 05 wrx, and in March I ordered a ...

Cobb Tbe

I have to vent here, JUST a little bit, I have a 05 wrx, and in March I ordered a TBE from the COBB site. The other day I get a email from UPS confirming a tracking number and that to expect delivery on 05/09. Today I called COBB and they confirm that my order is on the way, EXCEPT !! for my Down Pipe, which is in back order......

Now tomorrow I will only have the COBB cat-back and a upipe, and without the DP I cannot have my TBE installed. According to COBB it will prob be another 2weeks before I get my DP. Since I'm on vacation from my job I was hopeing I can have my TBE installed, so I can enjoy stage 2 while on vacation, but i guess not.

I was thinking of canceling my order with COBB, and getting it from another place, but if I did that, It will take about 2 weeks for delivery anyway. So I'll see tomorrow.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Next time you order a big order. Make sure everything is in stock and dont go thru cobb. Call around to cobbs authorized vendors and ask "hey is it in stock? and will it ship today/tommorow?"
    Problem Solved.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Next time you order a big order. Make sure everything is in stock and dont go thru cobb. Call around to cobbs authorized vendors and ask "hey is it in stock? and will it ship today/tommorow?"
    Problem Solved.
    +1

When I wanted my Cobb AP, I had to call 10 different places before I found one that had it in stock. Everyone was backordered for 2 weeks from Cobb, but this one place had one left on the shelf that was never sold from the last shipment. It definately pays to call around.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

I just got in my COBB TBE, with the exception of the DOWNPIPE. Called COBB and was told, worst case, prob by the end of this month, and they discounted the DP by $45, I guess I'll wait for it, cause I called around to numerous places and they were all out, and if I found a place that has one, I dont think they will take $45 off the top. Now the 2nd part of my mission is to find a reputable place to install the catback along with the uppipe in the North Jersey area...............

Def. go to a Cobb dealer to buy their parts. In my purchasing experience (AP, Sway bars, Brake parts, TBE, uppipe - all Cobb) it's best to go through a Cobb dealer rather than to order direct. I love their products, but I think they are too busy making bomb ass parts for our cars as opposed to worrying about a sales team and inventory. They have a lot of dealers to stock too, who are more than willing to just slap a UPS sticker on whatever you're buying & send it out to you. Sometimes a Cobb dealer can even get you a better price because Cobb hooked them up. I had to call 20 shops to find my TBE and uppipe, but it was worth it! F waiting for stuff, you can't rely on that.
    I love my car, don't you?

Mods

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Problem Solved.
    +1

No one had them in my area when I bought mine either. I think I waited about 2 months for the TBE because the downpipe was back ordered. It was worth the wait though. I'd hold off on installing the CB and up-pipe till you have the DP too. Save yourself the time and the money.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.