NY: Would someone let me borrow a Cobb AP for 20 minutes?

This is a discussion on NY: Would someone let me borrow a Cobb AP for 20 minutes? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I live in Syracuse, NY and I have an 06 WRX. I'm having a boost creep issue with my downpipe ...

NY: Would someone let me borrow a Cobb AP for 20 minutes?

I live in Syracuse, NY and I have an 06 WRX.

I'm having a boost creep issue with my downpipe and cat-back exhaust. I was hoping that someone near this area with a 2006 Cobb AP would let me borrow it for a few minutes ( you can come ride with me in my car of course) so I can see if it will solve my boost creep issue.

Either shoot me a PM or post a reply..thanks!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the AP doesnt work like that. you have to unmarry it from its current ECU, and remarry to yours. its not something you want to be swapping between cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    the AP doesnt work like that. you have to unmarry it from its current ECU, and remarry to yours. its not something you want to be swapping between cars.
    ^^ What he said. Just break down and get one of your own. It is only a matter of time untill you do.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

The AP's were designed to make "borrowing" impractical and copying impossible. As far as I have seen (from reading the boards) AP will NOT solve your boost creep...at least not yet. The 06's just have a small wastegate. the only known way to kill the boost creep you get from aftermarket DP's is to install a 3" high-flow cat into your DP. This will create enough backpressure to reduce or eliminate the boost creep. It will NOT hurt your performance.

I have a 3" magnaflow OBDII cat welded into my '02's DP. The before and after dynos were within the margin of error of the dyno. you're putting in a cat that's designed for 6.7L V-8's...it flows PLENTY for a turbo 4 without getting in the way.

again, this is what i've gotten from reading posts on this board...I do not have an '06, but this is what I've been reading 06 owners seem to be doing.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

EM will not solve your boost creep issues. You simply need to get more exhaust gas to flow out of your wastegate. You can do this by porting your wastegate or adding a little more back pressure to your exhaust. (ie. a cat)
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    EM will not solve your boost creep issues. You simply need to get more exhaust gas to flow out of your wastegate. You can do this by porting your wastegate or adding a little more back pressure to your exhaust. (ie. a cat)
    just want to back this up and agree with it 100%... your problem is completely mechanical and engine management or boost control will not solve it.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

+1 on they said, and the fact it would most likely magnify your problem and make it worse.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!