Anyone in Delaware (2016)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone in Delaware (2016) within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I saw there was another post like this but it was from 2002... so figured I'd start a new one. ...

I Support ClubWRX

Anyone in Delaware (2016)

I saw there was another post like this but it was from 2002... so figured I'd start a new one. Since ordering a 2016 WRX I been looking around for other WRXes, and I haven't seen many Subarus in general (to my surprise) I'm in Dover. After a bad experience with the local dealer trying to buy a car, I decided to go up to Newark to Matt Slap Subaru to order one, they actually seemed interested in selling me a car, fancy that! Anyhow just wondering if any current members are in the area.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just moved to Dover with my wife about a year ago. Long story short I had a 2011 STi, traded it for a 2015 Forester XT, and now that we are settled into our new home I just ordered a 2016 STi. It is supposed to be here sometime in May. I was unable to get a reasonable trade-in for my Forester locally so I ordered it from Gateway Subaru down in MD. They are awesome and VERY reasonable on price. AND they are the ones that host the Ocean City AWD Meet, which, was phenomenal last year!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I contacted Gateway by email but they ever got back to me, I ended up ordering a WRX from Matt Slap Subaru up in Newark, DE. The local dealer in Dover wouldn't even return my calls, so they obviously didn't want to sell me a car very badly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vorden View Post
    Yes I contacted Gateway by email but they ever got back to me, I ended up ordering a WRX from Matt Slap Subaru up in Newark, DE. The local dealer in Dover wouldn't even return my calls, so they obviously didn't want to sell me a car very badly.
    Same situation for me but with Annapolis Subaru. The guy was actively trying to turn me off buying the car it was crazy. You should have heard his reasoning. I went up to Bel Air MD the next weekend and bought a WRX. Im from the Eastern Shore of MD, about 20 mins from DE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarkilleptic View Post
    Same situation for me but with Annapolis Subaru. The guy was actively trying to turn me off buying the car it was crazy. You should have heard his reasoning. I went up to Bel Air MD the next weekend and bought a WRX. Im from the Eastern Shore of MD, about 20 mins from DE
    I read some reviews on Google and the local dealer had some bad reviews, not surprised. The one up in Newark had great reviews. The local dealer DID let me test drive a Sti when the WRX they had was not available, so props for that. What is funny though, I posted my own bad review and later that afternoon I got a call from the dealership apologizing and trying to win back my business. I simply told him I appreciated the call but already put money down at another dealership.

That's odd. I went to the local dealer in Dover. They were very helpful and let me drive a 16 STi Limited that they had on their lot, no questions asked. Really nice people but Gateway gave me WAY more on my trade-in. I also saw some of the negative reviews for the local dealer on Google. Gateway had a much better rating. At this point, I'm glad I went with Gateway. I just wish they weren't an hour away so I could go there for service as well.

Just dropped by to say the title reminds me of Wayne's world.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

I'm down in Dagsboro. Just picked up a 2013 swp hatch in January for a daily driver. I get out to all of the Ocean City stuff and I try to make it to a few events up north every year. Went to the Middletown cars and coffee two weekends ago but I was in my GTO.

I'm up in the Pike Creek area, have a black 2012 wrx hatch.

I live in NoVA, but I'm in Dover once a month (this past weekend actually) and two weeks a year for reserve duty. Does that count? Just bought a 2016 WRX mid March.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybrite View Post
    I live in NoVA, but I'm in Dover once a month (this past weekend actually) and two weeks a year for reserve duty. Does that count? Just bought a 2016 WRX mid March.
    I live in the housing on Dover AFB. Is your WRX Red? I might have seen you over the weekend.

Yes, it's red. I didn't see any other reds so it was probably me. Especially if you saw it on base. I'm in lodging during reserve weekend.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah cool, if you see a Lapis Blue WRX on base, chances are good it's ours. We don't live on base anymore but the wife works in ATOC and is there 5 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorden View Post
    Ah cool, if you see a Lapis Blue WRX on base, chances are good it's ours. We don't live on base anymore but the wife works in ATOC and is there 5 days a week.
    I'll be on the lookout next time I'm up, which is May 21st weekend

I'm in Dover as well. 15 WRX STI CBS. I rarely see other WRX's in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.