New owner here :) , SOMD

This is a discussion on New owner here :) , SOMD within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just got a red limited. Loving it so far, I'm in southern md (Charles county) wanted to get some info ...

Smile New owner here :) , SOMD

Just got a red limited. Loving it so far, I'm in southern md (Charles county) wanted to get some info if I should mount my front plate or not? Finding a few things that apparently in MD we just need rear plates now? My dealer didn't put anything upfront but there are two holes open and before I find a way to cover them I want to make sure first about this law. I'm actually getting it tinted at the moment nothing to crazy 30% all around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Yeah im not sure on the new law. Play it safe and use the front until you find out for sure. At least you wont have a ticket. Welcome.

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you already have a "means" to attach your front plate, you are required to have it on according to the law. You can try and put a delete on and then tell the cops that's how it came from the factory but I personally wouldn't risk it. It's totally up to you but since your car already has the holes for the plate you are technically required to have it on according to the letter of the law. Here's the release on the law for reference:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/hb/hb0577f.pdf

There is a difference between the JDM holes on the front bumper. THese are not a means to install the front plate and under the new state law, as i am doing myself with my 15, will not require a font tag. Now if you tapped those dimples. Thats a different story.

I Support ClubWRX
    The OP made it sound like the dimples were already tapped but I do agree, if they are not then you can probably get away with it. It all depends on the cop, my buddy got a ticket for not having his on with an untapped front bumper but he fought it and court and won. So there is that...again, it's all how paranoid you are. I don't want to bring any extra attention to my already super loud modified car so to me it's a no brainer to put it on there. Just keep that in mind if you start modding your car...

I Support ClubWRX
    Plus if you don't like the stock location for the front plate you can always do the license plate re-location kit (look at grimmspeed) and a plate delete. I think it gives a nice look.

So, I placed the plate on after getting a bracket to make them fit, the holes were too far apart for regular plates. Im doing this temporarily though, waiting on my plate relocation kit to come in and once it does this bracket is coming off. I still don't know how to cover up the holes. You guys will probably think this is weird but I found that one of my electrical tapes I have matches the red of my car. So I will try to cut a precise circle to cover the holes. Now to update some mods I just ordered from subispeed - LED license plate lights, -LED headlight boomerang bulb, -fog light glass replacement kit with 6000k HID's, and thats it for now. Oh yea... placed a K&N air filter over the holiday weekend. Not sure if its just in my head but I feel like I can hear the intake a little more.

Isn't the boomerangs already LED on the limited and sti. I'm pretty sure it's a single led built in. Maybe cancel that of its not to late.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If your talking about on the headlight then yea it is, and I am going to show a diy on interior accent lights for around 30$ if thats what you want as well, as well as a diy on HID reverse lightsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403902384.140708.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	155089

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 Wrx Satin White Premium, TurboXs TBE, AP stage 2

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    According to the MVA, front plates are still required.

If you don't want to be hassled, I suggest you mount the front plates.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/