No more Maryland front tag?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on No more Maryland front tag? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi guys does anyone know about this new law? I hope it's true...

Thumbs up No more Maryland front tag?

Hi guys does anyone know about this new law? I hope it's true

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Contact your local PD and ask them about it. They would know.

I Support ClubWRX
    The only thing I found on it is that if your car didn't come with the front bumper pre-drilled for a front license plate then you are not required to put one on. So basically nothing changes if you bought your car in MD or a state that has a front license plate.

See this is interesting to me.....Mine was not predrilled since I bought in PA and specifically told them not to until I found out for sure. It may be sketchy because on my Mazda there was nothing but a solid plastic bumper, but with the WRX there are clear indents for a plate.....hmmmm
    2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

My dealer told me the same thing when I bought my 2015 WRX. Been a month so far and no problems

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mlallen0212 View Post
    My dealer told me the same thing when I bought my 2015 WRX. Been a month so far and no problems
    Where did you get your car at? I purchased mine from Subaru of Annapolis and asked about this law.. the guy who gave me the plates said "if it's registered in MD, you must have a front plate displayed".
    “Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.” - David Rains Wallace

2015 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium - Dark Grey Metallic

Same place

From what I understand from the new law, is that if you buy a car that does not have pre-drilled holes in the front bumper for a license plate, then you do not have to run one. Some dealerships in states where front tags are or were permitted on the front too will drill holes for the plate as soon as they receive the car. I have heard of some people in maryland that ordered a new wrx or sti request the dealership not to drill the holes, meaning that they will not have to display a front tag.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I wouldn't risk it... I've tried it in the past with my '07 WRX and got pulled over a handle of times.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.