Mod Meet (MD and surrounding areas)

This is a discussion on Mod Meet (MD and surrounding areas) within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So I've had this idea for a couple years now and never really took the time to bring it to ...

I Support ClubWRX

Mod Meet (MD and surrounding areas)

So I've had this idea for a couple years now and never really took the time to bring it to fruition. So what I'd like to setup, with help of course, is a meet where we all get together and turn wrenches and install stuff on our cars. My biggest issue with setting this up is finding a place to do it. There are a few garages around that we could rent but that would require $$$. The other thing I thought of is we could meet somewhere and just do everything via jack stands/ramps (if require), this would obviously be the cheaper option. I definitely think it would be a lot of fun and a good way to teach folks (myself included) how to DIY vice having to pay some shop 85-100 bucks an hour to do it for you.

So what do you guys think? Suggestions are welcome and I definitely need help securing somewhere to do this. Right now the cheapest rent-it garage I've found is in Randallstown (not the best area either...) but I'm still checking around. If you have property and could sponsor hit me up and we can talk...I really think this is the best way to go about it so we don't have to ask for donations and such.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have a smoker I like to use so I can definitely smoke up ribs/pork shoulder etc either the day before or if someone near me has a truck and we do this meet at someones place I can bring it and do it while we work. Again, just gauging interest to see if it's something the MD/DC/NOVA/DE folks would be interested in. Thanks guys and gals!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would be down for something like this. I actually have family in pasadena, it's about 1:45 from me. I'm in fredericksburg VA.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I Support ClubWRX
    I've organized this a few times with a local club. Make sure you actually install the parts on your car if you plan this; there were too many times where I would organize the meet, and never get a chance to work on my car.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll try, I won't lie, it would be nice to have some help with the suspension stuff since that's not my area of expertise. But hey, if I don't get to it, no biggie, I'll git'r'dun eventually.

With my local Mazda group we hold monthly "install days" at the Ft. Meade hobby shop. We usually get 2-3 bays and help each other wrench on what is needed. The more active members/more complicated installs get priority but in general everyone is happy in the end. With such a large number of hands working things tend to get done a lot quicker. There are however a couple of rules:

1. You must wrench on your own car, even if you provide minimal support because it is a learning experience for you, you can't sit back and watch.
    2. If we work on your car, you are expected to come out to the meets and generally pay it forward at the next install day when you don't have anything to install yourself.
    3. No messing aorund in the shop, rules are strict, and we like to keep a good relationship with the base.
    4. Absolutely 0 charges for installs. These are meant to be learning experiences and generally a good time to hang out and do what we all enjoy, wrenching.

SO, lol, sorry for the long post but just putting this out there! I'm the kind of person that will get up at the drop of a hat to help someone out with something they would like to get done so these days are my favorite (especially if food and beer are involved afterwards).

All that being said, I'm down to help plan one of these out!!
    2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

I would be up for doing this as well, it's a fun way to learn about your cars and your friends. Plus nothing better than turning wrenches then all going on a cruise to break in whatever you just installed...