NOVA/Southern Maryland Subaru Dealers

This is a discussion on NOVA/Southern Maryland Subaru Dealers within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Ok, so I live right on the Tysons Corner/Falls Church boarder and I work in North Bethesda. I've been living ...

NOVA/Southern Maryland Subaru Dealers

Ok, so I live right on the Tysons Corner/Falls Church boarder and I work in North Bethesda. I've been living in the DMV area for almost a year now but just recently bought my WRX and haven't had any experience with the Subaru dealers up here. The closest dealers to me are Stohlman (Tysons Corner) and Fitzgerald (Rockville) and I have read some pretty awful reviews of both, specifically pertaining to their service departments over charging, charging for maintenance not needed, or breaking cars. Does anyone have any experience with either of these dealers? Where do you go for service in the area? Recommendations, warnings, horror stories and praises are welcome and appreciated.

ETA: I know there are a few other threads about various dealers in the area but most posts are at least 5 years old. Perhaps these dealers have managed to get their s*** together in the past few years, perhaps its gotten worse. Just looking for the most accurate and up to date info. Thanks.
    Last edited by Wrx Ryan; 09-25-2013 at 10:48 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought mine at the Farrish Subaru in Fairfax (they were the only dealership in NOVA that had WRXs at the time) but I get my maintenance done at the Stohlman in Herndon. It's a really small, old dealership, right in old town but they've been good to me. However, the Farrish dealer is right across the street from a Hooters, so it's nice to drop off, head to Hooters and wait

I wouldn't go the Tysons Corner one just because of the traffic alone, that area is a nightmare now with all the construction and new traffic patterns. When I went to the Fitzgerald in Rockville, there were sales guys sitting around outside doing nothing, I asked them a question, got a jerky response so I won't be heading there for anything either.

I've actually heard some positive things about the Herndon location. Unfortunately, from where I live I would actually have to drive right past Stohlman Tysons to get to Herndon, so traffic is a factor for either one. Of course the awful dealer is right down the street from me and the decent ones are 15min+ drive away

I usually try to make an afternoon out of any dealer visit...the Herndon location has 3 or 4 restaurants/bars in walking distance. And of course there's the Hooters at the one in Fairfax. The Tyson's Corner one isn't really close to anything which really sucks. All of Route 7 sucks these days actually.

Your telling me haha! I have to drive it every single day. Horrible.

I have used the Stohlman in Herndon for the past 2 years, no complaint other than their shop rate, but any dealership around here is high dollar. I have had quite a bit of work done on my '02 there with no "surprises". There is an independent garage in Sterling, Mach V Motorsports, never tried them, but I believe they are an "authorized" Cobb Pro-tuner. They also have a AWD dyno. I live in Ashburn and work in Tysons, so either dealership is enroute for me.

Yeah, Mach V is the shop that installed my CBE. From what multiple car people around here tell me, they are one of the top tuning shops in the country. I'll be checking them out when the car is paid off.

May be a bit of a hike for you, but Annapolis Subaru is where I got mine and where I take it for service. I have nothing but good things to say about both the sales staff and service dept. Also, when I asked....they said they were a mod neutral dealership.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Aig in westminister md is the one the best tune shop after your car is paid off they will hook you up and prices are half of Mach 5.

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Yeah, Mach V is the shop that installed my CBE. From what multiple car people around here tell me, they are one of the top tuning shops in the country. I'll be checking them out when the car is paid off.
    Headed to Mach V sometime next week to get a few things done. I'm excited to check them out. I've heard nothing but good things.

Quote Originally Posted by roadster20th View Post
    Aig in westminister md is the one the best tune shop after your car is paid off they will hook you up and prices are half of Mach 5.
    Unless I'm doing some significant work, the cost of driving to Westminister would offset the savings. Mach V is so much closer to me.