Delaware Area Tune Shops
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Delaware Area Tune Shops within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone have info on tune shops in the Northern Delaware area? I'd even go for some locations not to far ...

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar

Delaware Area Tune Shops

Anyone have info on tune shops in the Northern Delaware area? I'd even go for some locations not to far across the line.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Agile Auto 30 mins west of Newark on off 95 Agile Automotive Performance - Tuning, Fabrication, and Parts

R/T Tuning (30 mins north of Philly.... Telford, PA) A couple the tuners from Verocious Motorsports are employed there now.
    R/T Tuning – Philly Area Dyno Tuning Cobb Subaru Nissan Uprev

I have no first hand experience with either of these shops, but both are equipped with AWD dynos.
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

Delaware Area Tune Shops

Ok cool. How much is it usually to do a tune? What do they normally do?

Blah blah blah something about penguins blah blah blah
    Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

I've used Agile. They are a good shop and I was really happy with my Stage 2 protune on my first STI, but some hit or miss issues here and there though. While it was dyno tuned, there was no road cleanup of the tune. Other people I know have had issues with some smoothness of the tune and so-on (Zax, a mod here).

R/T Tuning is a good reputable shop in our area as well. No personal experience, but I've talked to a few who have liked their services.

Protunes can cost anywhere from $400-600 depending on what you're getting done and who you use. Includes an hour of dyno time or so. However some tuners require select hardware, such as Agile...you have to use an Accessport for them (which means you pay for an AP [$400-$600], and then for the tune as well).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Delaware Area Tune Shops

While we are talking about the tunes, is stage 1 simply an engine tune?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyD Eng6ine View Post
    While we are talking about the tunes, is stage 1 simply an engine tune?

You can still get a protune at Stage 1....

though it's not exactly frugal if you plan on going Stage 2 sometime afterwards...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Sorry to thread jack, but I figure I may ask as Agile is my main choice for protune as of right now. Is a road-tune better then dyno-tune?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193
    Sorry to thread jack, but I figure I may ask as Agile is my main choice for protune as of right now. Is a road-tune better then dyno-tune?
    No. The advantage of a dyno tune is you can get the majority of the tuning done in a controlled environment rather than public roadways, and an easy way to see the difference in map revisions via plot changes. Every dyno tune should be followed by a road checkup/cleanup.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Delaware Area Tune Shops

So if I plan on going stage2 I shouldn't waste the money to do a tune right away and just wait until I get the pipe put on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Agile is good. You have to have an Accessport to get tuned though as that's what the utilize. However...I and many people are a little perturbed by the fact that Hill tunes on the dyno, but doesn't do any kind of a road cleanup to make sure everything was alright. I personally didn't have any problems, but Zach (Zax) had some areas that weren't as good as they should have been when he looked at logs. A GOOD tuner will dyno tune it so you can adequately pay attention and make adjustments on the fly, which is the benefit of a dyno tune (especially since you don't have to go doing full WOT pulls getting over speed limits and such). But then once done and off the dyno, would do a couple pulls on the road to make sure everything is looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Agile is good. You have to have an Accessport to get tuned though as that's what the utilize. However...I and many people are a little perturbed by the fact that Hill tunes on the dyno, but doesn't do any kind of a road cleanup to make sure everything was alright. I personally didn't have any problems, but Zach (Zax) had some areas that weren't as good as they should have been when he looked at logs. A GOOD tuner will dyno tune it so you can adequately pay attention and make adjustments on the fly, which is the benefit of a dyno tune (especially since you don't have to go doing full WOT pulls getting over speed limits and such). But then once done and off the dyno, would do a couple pulls on the road to make sure everything is looking good.

Month old bump, but just wanted to give my input on Agile. I went there back in september for my pro tune. Hill spent a solid hour tuning my car on the dyno, then had me ride around town while he monitored the log. He had me do some normal driving, then had me do pulls from 2nd and 3rd. Afterwards, we spent another hour or so talking about future mods and some projects he is working on. He answered every one of my questions.

The car feels great. Put down 296awhp/315tq with intake, turboback, forge bpv, and an ebcs at 18.5 psi.

Thanks for this info.. This is my first post and like a good noob, i searched and found!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.