VA:Anyone bored and wana help me out?

This is a discussion on VA:Anyone bored and wana help me out? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I am going to be very honest I never owned a manual, or modded/turbo car. I did drive a manual ...

VA:Anyone bored and wana help me out?

I am going to be very honest I never owned a manual, or modded/turbo car. I did drive a manual car couple of times but thats about it. I am currently very close to buying a modded 05 wrx but dont have a friend who really knows well about wrx's to come with me to see it and check it out. I've been asking around on the forum and so far seems worth it to check it out. If anyone is bored/free and can help me out by coming with me to check out the car and could give me some insight on the car it would be GREATLY appreciated. The owner of the car is located in annandale and I would even come pick you up and drop you off. I am a college using my own money to buy this car so trying to make the best choice. If your curious of what the car is check out my other thread for info. THANK YOU GUYS (I know this is a long shot)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mod list?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Mods are perrin down pipe/ up-pipe, Inviadia G200 catback, Cobb stage2, short ram intake, Perrin F/R sway bar, Cusco F/R strut bar, OEM turbo boost gauge, Momo shift knob, Kartboy short shifter, JDM side skirt, Tint 35%, debadge trunk, Rota D2, Rays blue Lugs nuts, hid kit, tanabe lowering spring , DNA 4000 series slotted rotor with new hawk pad. He said 13.5k

and theres also pictures from my other thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by d0ink
    Mods are perrin down pipe/ up-pipe, Inviadia G200 catback, Cobb stage2, short ram intake, Perrin F/R sway bar, Cusco F/R strut bar, OEM turbo boost gauge, Momo shift knob, Kartboy short shifter, JDM side skirt, Tint 35%, debadge trunk, Rota D2, Rays blue Lugs nuts, hid kit, tanabe lowering spring , DNA 4000 series slotted rotor with new hawk pad. He said 13.5k

and theres also pictures from my other thread
    The intake is iffy with the base Cobb map (depends on which one), and I'm not a fan of the drop-in HID kit, but other than that, it's not an awful mod list.

Get compression/leakdown tests done, for sure. Make a deal with the owner that if it passes, you pay; if it fails, he pays. If he's not willing to do that, walk.

UNYSOC

The compression and leakdown is only done in subaru dealerships right? and ur a smart man lol because thats a great advice but he said he will be willing to do it for me.

I also asked him for a lift for frame, suspension and steering components. Does this cover everything? and is dealerships open on sundays

I Support ClubWRX
    The tests don't have to be done @ a Subaru dealership.

Personally, with a modified car, I would say a used car inspection is best done at a performance shop (if available), since they deal with modded cars daily; they would have a better idea of what to look for.

UNYSOC

Any other test i should be asking for? and hows the price on it if it were to come out clean? (needs new sets of tires)

I Support ClubWRX
    Any other test i should be asking for?
    UOA would be nice, but that requires turnaround time. If the owner has a recent report, it's a great selling point for them.

hows the price on it if it were to come out clean? (needs new sets of tires)
    N.A.D.A. Home Page

UNYSOC

Is it a big problem that the short ram intake isnt tuned? the combination of cobb stage2 and the short ram even if the compression test/leakdown test were to come out clean?