Tactrix cable
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tactrix cable within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Does anyone have a Tactrix or Openport cable they are willing to let me borrow/rent for a few days? I'm ...

Tactrix cable

Does anyone have a Tactrix or Openport cable they are willing to let me borrow/rent for a few days?

I'm wanting to get into the opensource tuning thing but want to test drive a little before I drop some cash on a cable.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I found one for sale on NASIOC. It's shipping Monday. New(to me) toys are great!
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

does it come with the little green connector? you'll need that for your car

Quote Originally Posted by freddyg View Post
    does it come with the little green connector? you'll need that for your car
    Sure you're not talking about the test connectors that are already disconnected under the dash?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2001-2002 WRX Reflash Connector

He needs this plugged in along with the tactrix, right? I thought you needed this part but I have a 2011 so I don't need it.

I just use a paperclip...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

I'm an electronics nerd. I know how to make a jumper.

There was a toggle switch over by the fog lights and cruise button. It wasn't wired to anything but did have some wires running off into a big mess of a remote start unit under my dash. Got the mess clear up best I can and then broke the toggle with my stupid knee. Oops.
    Could've used that for my jumper...
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I recieved the OP2 cable yesterday. Was reading my ROM before dinner. So my ride has definitely been tuned. I compared the running map vs. the stock map on the Rom Raider site. The target boost settings were pushed up a good bit except for the low RPM ranges. Some other things were changed to but didn't take notes, just nosing around.

Anyone know somewhere that I could safely do a couple of pulls?
    I'm not fond of public roads but back in South Carolina there weren't any tracks or anything to take it to so I found a lightly traveled road with a high enough speed limit and did my pulls on that. Back then I was logging with a vagcom to see what was going on with my engine, trying to learn the ropes of tuning so to speak.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Actually I need to borrow/rent/buy someone's cable as well for my 2012. I'm flashing my 2012 to stage 2 in the next week or 2. If anyone has one they are willing to do one of the above with.. please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Actually I need to borrow/rent/buy someone's cable as well for my 2012. I'm flashing my 2012 to stage 2 in the next week or 2. If anyone has one they are willing to do one of the above with.. please PM me.
    maybe post your location so people know where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryouko View Post
    maybe post your location so people know where you are?
    Oh yeah... I didn't even think about that one lol. I've on the eastern shore of Md. Not like Ocean City, but i'm about 25 or so min from the bay bridge.

I've got a Tactrix 2.0 cable. I live/work on Fort Meade, Near Odenton. I'm busy for a few months though. Between the wifey and work I don't get much free time.
    My Tactrix is my shiny new toy. I'm not keen on lending it out but I could meet up somewhere for a few hours to do some flashing. This weekend is definitely out of the question. Got Mother's day fun and table shopping lined up.
    Anyone with a non-CAN WRX I have a VAG-COM cable that you might be able to flash with. I found a post on NASOIC that shows you how to mod the cable so you can reflash bugeyes. I haven't done that mod yet but it should work on 04s up to 07s maybe 08s- the VAG-COM doesn't do CAN.
    Anyway I'll loan that out no prob. They are cheap on ebay too.

One thing to think of is do you have something to log with? I'd want to log after a reflash even if its a protune.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Thanks for posting about it man. I actually may need one for at least a few days or longer to do some logging and such until the map is right where it needs to be.

I bought my Tactrix cable on the cheap from a for sale posting on NASIOC. The for sale forum on that site gets a little more traffic than this one.
    I think there are VAG-COM cables on ebay that can read CAN. Might be something to look into for logging.

Do a little research here, on NASIOC and the RomRaider forums, the VAG-COM might be able to flash for you with and older version of RomRaider.
    Here's the CAN model of the VAG-COM I have.

OBDII OBD2 VAG K + CAN 1.4 Car USB Diagnostic Scanner | eBay
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.