Gauge Install (MD/NOVA Folks)

This is a discussion on Gauge Install (MD/NOVA Folks) within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Any handy MD/NOVA folks wanna help me install a couple gauges in my STi in the coming months? There will ...

I Support ClubWRX

Gauge Install (MD/NOVA Folks)

Any handy MD/NOVA folks wanna help me install a couple gauges in my STi in the coming months? There will be beer, slow hickory smoked BBQ and maybe a little cash if the other two aren't enough. I'd definitely be willing to return the favor and help out with an install in return as well. I can more than likely do the boost gauge, I just need help with the EGT (if we can even do it without the need for a lift)...I just don't want to pay the prices I've been quoted for something as simple as a gauge install. Thanks guys and gals!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm game as long as I'm free. Between work and the family I don't have too much free time. I'm more than willing to help a brother (or sis) tinker on their soob.

I haven't done a EGT guage/sensor before. I've done a boost, some intake mods, and general maintaince stuff.

I think the EGT sensor is supposed to be installed on the exhaust as close to the engine is possible. Might need like a jack and some jackstands or some of those drive-on riser things. Research time!
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

do you have a bung welded in for the egt temp sensor?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyg View Post
    do you have a bung welded in for the egt temp sensor?
    Hey, Adam. Doesn't the new sensor just use the same bung and replace the stock sensor on the uppipe? I've never done one.

Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Sweet diagram! idk ive never done one, i just assumed you would leave the stock one in and have one wired in seperate for the gauge?

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'm actually leaning towards an AFR gauge (AEM) after talking to some folks but we'll still run into the need to weld a bung on so I'm going to have to figure out the best way to get that done. I just don't feel the need to spend the money the shops around here want to do the install. Plus I actually enjoy working on stuff myself, I just want to make sure I have some backup to make sure I'm doing it right (and I'm not that great with electrical wiring..). There will be plenty of free beer and you can decide what type of hog/steer you want smoked. It's going to be a couple months before I get the A pillar and the gauges so no rush, I just wanted to see if there was any interest in helping a military brother out!

USAF here as well man! Hit me up on here whenever you need help

I Support ClubWRX
    Good call on doing AFR. I was wondering why you were doing EGT as your second. Most would recommend Boost and OP if only doing 2 gauges. Speaking of, have you checked out the SMY cluster? If you're only doing 2, I'd highly recommend doing this over an A-pillar.
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have seen it, I just don't want to spend 150 on a pod and I don't particularly like the way it blocks the view of the stock gauges either. I have a guy that's going to do a dual a pillar (ABS safe) for like 50 bucks for me. It sucks that there's very few options for gauge mounting and I like to be able to see my gauges without having to look away from the road...so the only options are lose my clock, SMY or the a pillar (that look clean anyways) so that is why I've decided on the a pillar for now. Nothing is set in stone though, I'm keeping an eye out for other options.

Quote Originally Posted by freddyg View Post
    Sweet diagram! idk ive never done one, i just assumed you would leave the stock one in and have one wired in seperate for the gauge?
    I put my EGT sensor in the exhaust manifold coming off the drivers side of the engine.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide