Maybe I'm just too country... - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Maybe I'm just too country... within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Use of Clubwrx forum to get out of a ticket/harassment +2 Zack, there's a guy driving a car similar to ...

Use of Clubwrx forum to get out of a ticket/harassment +2

Zack, there's a guy driving a car similar to yours that has been a non waiver, he parks in the DISA parking lot nearish to the Cooper and Mapes corner. I saw him get out the other day, civilian type walking and smoking. I think he could be African American, not that, that's incredibly weird just don't see to many black people driving WRXs.

I usually park ye ole bugeye in the DINFOS parking lot. There is a Forester XT(cool points for hood scooped soob), black blobeye, gold/green(I'm a bit colorblind) hawkeye, black hatch, and a blue hatch are all usually parked out there. I've seen like two of them on the road, I usually get to work after they do and leave before they do too. Yeh, I'm lucky. I'll have longer hours in a month or so.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I've seen the regular black 2011/12 WRX hatch a couple times and he definitely doesn't wave...in fact he flew past me the other day and gave me the "eye." I guess he's just jealous because he didn't get the STi? Dunno but he seemed like a douche bag.

There's also a 2011/12 white WRX hatch I saw two Wednesdays ago that didn't wave but definitely gave my car a good look as he went past.

On the other side of the fence where I work there's a 2011/12 black STi sedan parked in the same lot as I park but I've yet to run into the owner yet. I even purposely parked next to him a couple times when the opportunity was there but no luck yet.

Just keep wavin' pete, I'll do the same and hopefully we can end up finding a good group of dudes to hang out with.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    Use of Clubwrx forum to get out of a ticket/harassment +2

Zack, there's a guy driving a car similar to yours that has been a non waiver, he parks in the DISA parking lot nearish to the Cooper and Mapes corner. I saw him get out the other day, civilian type walking and smoking. I think he could be African American, not that, that's incredibly weird just don't see to many black people driving WRXs.

I usually park ye ole bugeye in the DINFOS parking lot. There is a Forester XT(cool points for hood scooped soob), black blobeye, gold/green(I'm a bit colorblind) hawkeye, black hatch, and a blue hatch are all usually parked out there. I've seen like two of them on the road, I usually get to work after they do and leave before they do too. Yeh, I'm lucky. I'll have longer hours in a month or so.

Sorry man, not me. If I saw you I'd wave
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I haven't even taken possession of my car yet, but reading this thread inspired me to take action last night. And I'm an introverted guy.

Went out to my wife's Lexus in the pizza joint parking lot last night and saw a bugeye wagon sitting next to it. Out from the grocery store comes the flat-bill that drives it carrying a bag of ice. As he proceeds to fill up the ice chest in the back of the car, I asked him "What year is your bugeye?" He kinda looked up into space for a minute like he was unsure if he heard a voice from heaven or something. "...2002..." he replied.

"Nice car!" and then we chatted for a few. I stated that I had mine on order still due to the horrendous delivery system that Subaru has, and he talked about how his brother recently picked up a 2011. I asked him if he was a member on this site and he said no, but that he pops in frequently whenever he needs to do something to the car: "...lots of information there, and it helps a lot!"
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I've spotted what appears to be a foreign wrx, possibly a Japanese on. I've seen it twice on Ft Meade. Once going down Mapes towards 32 and another time in housing. At first I thought it was an older mitsubishi or something, took another look at the hood scoop and then it clicked. Probably someone that was stationed in Japan bought it, PCS shipped it and is now rocking out in MD with a Japanese WRX.

This ride is old school, old schooler than mine(built in Mar 02). If anybody spots/meets the drive tell them I owe him/her a high five.

it looked like this one on wiki but silver:
    File:1999
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    I've spotted what appears to be a foreign wrx, possibly a Japanese on. I've seen it twice on Ft Meade. Once going down Mapes towards 32 and another time in housing. At first I thought it was an older mitsubishi or something, took another look at the hood scoop and then it clicked. Probably someone that was stationed in Japan bought it, PCS shipped it and is now rocking out in MD with a Japanese WRX.

This ride is old school, old schooler than mine(built in Mar 02). If anybody spots/meets the drive tell them I owe him/her a high five.

it looked like this one on wiki but silver:
    File:1999

Probably an RSTi build, or maybe even an RS. The 2.5RS was sold here in 1999. The hood scoop was there, but no turbocharger:

Facebook me here

ok. makes sense. I don't know much about RSes. Back in the day I could tell the year/range of a GL or DL from looking at the headlights.
    why the hood scoop with no turbo?
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

got a little bored last weekend and drove down to the Columbia Mall with me camcorder setup in the back seat.

the duece.mpg - YouTube
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

zax
    I don't know... I usually profile the other driver before I wave. Actually, I generally check to see if there are any mods on the car. Modded Subaru = instant wave.

Facebook me here

lol Some guy broke his neck checking out my car in traffic today - I obviously had to chuckle at him as I waved...

He was driving an older Celica or something... I dunno.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

when someone can't stop staring at my car, I just attribute it to my good looks -har-har!

The other day I bumped into a guy getting in his 09 DGM hatch. I told him what I drove and he was all about telling me how that his model had more horsepower.
    On the way home yesterday a black blobeye w/ a wing was leaving the parking lot just behind me. I waved turned for the exit of the parking lot and managed to cut it short and put my back passenger tire up on the curb, it was all rubber though. I still looked like a BIG dork. I'm sure dude laughed a little at me.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I Support ClubWRX
    I always try to wave, or at least flash high beams. I've noticed a lot of more mature women driving wrx's lol who don't wave worth ****.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

I Support ClubWRX
    yea WRX owners up here always give a nod. i think the problem sometimes is that every now and again a douche bag gets a hold of a WRX and has no idea of what he has purchased into. but a REAL WRX owner shows respect. its nothing like Honda or Mitsubishi owners who cut each other off trying to one up each other on a short straightaway.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

WRB vs DGM?... whose buying this round?

felt like bumping the old thread with a photo...

just chillin' in the DINFOS lot... 08 WRB Hatch owner is cool, definitely a waiver, 08 DMG hatch "yeh, 08's are a LOT more powerful..."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo174.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	105977
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

oh don't mind the photo bombing red Honda sEXy in the background... (dude added a "s" and "y" to his EX)
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast