Maybe I'm just too country... - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Maybe I'm just too country... within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm in Maryland. Near Severn, Odenton, Anne Arundel Mall. I'm new to the area so forgive my vagueness. I live/work ...

I'm in Maryland. Near Severn, Odenton, Anne Arundel Mall. I'm new to the area so forgive my vagueness.

I live/work on Fort Meade. I do drive go off post of course. Usually I'm with the wifey and kids so I roll mini-van style with them. The kids start poking, hitting and whatnot in the back of the WRX. I still take the WRX out and about, just not as frequent as I'd like.

If I can ever get off my lazy bum and clean my car up a little I'll come out to that Waugh Chapel meet up.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was waving at this one dude with a later model hatch(2010-ish?), he glanced at me bugeye then back at the road, he was trying to turn left, passenger pointed me out and dude either was really confused or gave me a headnod. Couldn't really tell he started rolling right after passenger got his attention.

I'll count that one as a half, so that puts me at like .5 for 13.

I've been "slummin' it" in a Forester, my bugeye is in the shop getting some leaky fuel lines fixed. Under warranty even, well not really warranty but SOA is footing the bill.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I Support ClubWRX
    Well I guess better than 0
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    For me:
    Bugeyes nearly always wave.
    Blobeyes, usually.
    Va , err, Hawkeyes, seems like about 60% of the time. More than half.
    New generation owners is really hit and miss. I get the distinct impression from some that they fail to recognize my car as being related to theirs in some way.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    For me:
    Bugeyes nearly always wave.
    Blobeyes, usually.
    Va , err, Hawkeyes, seems like about 60% of the time. More than half.
    New generation owners is really hit and miss. I get the distinct impression from some that they fail to recognize my car as being related to theirs in some way.
    I have to agree with this. I'm one of those new generation owners that waves though
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Got my first wave response today. I was coming home from picking my WRX up from the shop, leaky fuel line issue that 2002s have, and got an awesome wave. It could have been like a movie scene. I was in a bit of traffic, enough to where I couldn't really see that far down the road. It was weird, I saw a blue car, hood scoop, hand went up, yeh that's a blob eye. Dude waved back almost instantaneously. Yeh that happened a LOT quicker than it sounds.

11blackwrx, RESPECT MON! We need more late model drivers like you around. Need to keep the friendly community thing going.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    11blackwrx, RESPECT MON! We need more late model drivers like you around. Need to keep the friendly community thing going.
    thanks
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

bumped into 2 different bugeye owners both were the 2003 flavor, one at the Waugh Chapel thing and one on Fort Meade. The Fort Meade dude was the orginal owner with 114k miles under his belt. His WRX was silver and looked pretty stock but still sweet.
    Guess I'm over the culture shock now. Just need to rub elbows with later model peeps and it'll be a full "mission complete".
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I Support ClubWRX
    I always try to wave at fellow WRX owners.
    I do agree with you guys on some of the new young gen WRX owners.
    Most of the waves I get are from 02-07 WRX owners.
    The 08-12 sometimes I get a wave, but not to often.
    Also I am getting more sedan owners then wagon owner's waving. Come on fellow wagon owner's lets see some hands. LOL!

Lately I have been checking to see if the driver notices my Subie before I wave.
    A couple of weeks ago I had a very nice wave with a 04-05 WR blue STi on 270 on a Saturday.
    There was a lot of traffic between us and I heard a Hella horn go off looked to my left and gave a wave.
    I am trying hard to keep the wave alive.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

There's a few WRXs around me i see regularly and all but two wave back. I get about 75% wave rate otherwise. My buddy has a Jeep and was in the car with me the other day. One guy didn't wave, I mumble "*******..." he goes "Didn't wave back? Gets insulting after a while doesn't it?" The Jeep wave is getting pretty diluted too. When I'm with him he gets barely three out of ten to wave back. The problem is just that, we shouldn't see ten Jeeps in a 5 min drive. Anyways if any of you pass me, I'll be sure to wave back.
    Last edited by OakFF252; 03-25-2012 at 10:01 PM.

the wave continues...
    Here's a brief run down of my driving habits.. off to work before everyone is awake, back home for a quick shower breakfast, back to work, home for lunch and then suffer at work until dinner time. Yeh I know I'm really lucky. I live like 5min from work so its not too much driving and yes I change my oil more frequently, before 3k.
    Why that is important is that I have been seeing at least one WRX on the way to/from work. One day I saw like four.
    I've gotten used to the "who the heck is that" look from the 08+ models. What year did they start offering sedans again? like 11 or 12? I got a passenger of a late model sedan look this morning that was awesome. Wish I had my camera. It was a cross between "who is that" and "I'm mad" look.

We should have a Wavers ride sometime and cruise somewhere a lot of later model WRXs hang out and run a train of waving rexes on them... they might get the hint then right?
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I caught myself waving at WRXs when I'm on my bike. Confuses the living bajesus out of people.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I waved to a WRB the other day and got pulled over... cop thought I was giving him a gesture to street race... dropped it as soon as I showed him a post on here about waving to other Subie owners.... just thought I'd share.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    pete-- You'll likely see me on base at some point since I work over where you do. I drive a 2012 black STi hatch and I'll try my best to wave at ya or back at ya so long as I notice ya!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Archametes View Post
    I waved to a WRB the other day and got pulled over... cop thought I was giving him a gesture to street race... dropped it as soon as I showed him a post on here about waving to other Subie owners.... just thought I'd share.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    haha wow that cop really jumped the gun
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast