NOVA Newbie
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NOVA Newbie within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey fellas, I'm in Fairfax (near wegmans), and actually very interested in a 2007 WRX STi. I've been a Nissan ...

NOVA Newbie

Hey fellas,
    I'm in Fairfax (near wegmans), and actually very interested in a 2007 WRX STi. I've been a Nissan guy for 10 years now and the more I read about the STi, the more interesting/fun it sounds.

There are two cars I'm going to test drive in the next few days....are there any problems/issues I should be paying attention to that is more STi specific??

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just try and stay away from modified STIs or WRXs
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    What he said. You don't want to end up with somebodies headache. Low miles is obviously better.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    What he said. You don't want to end up with somebodies headache. Low miles is obviously better.

Thanks guys. So other than that....there isn't much mechanical/electrical issues with the car? I've also owned a BMW 325xi, and it seemed like that thing was being fixed more times than being ridden.

No such issues with STi's right?

I just bought an 04 STI, first time owner of a Subaru period and i love every minute of it. Are you going through dealer or private seller?

Quote Originally Posted by SammyJ1907 View Post
    I just bought an 04 STI, first time owner of a Subaru period and i love every minute of it. Are you going through dealer or private seller?
    I WISH it was from a private dealer. It's from the dealer...aka stealer. Where in manassas are you? I'm quite familiar with the area...(manassas park area). So you have had no problems with your STi?

I'm right off 28 down rugby. So far i haven't had any issues with mine. I bought it from Sheehy in Springfield a month ago. My AC drive belt squeaks every now I just haven't had time to take it to the dealer to have them fix it (was able to get a 36/36 warranty)

I'm right off 28 down rugby. So far i haven't had any issues with mine. I bought it from Sheehy in Springfield a month ago. My AC drive belt squeaks every now I just haven't had time to take it to the dealer to have them fix it (was able to get a 36/36 warranty)
    Yeah, belt probably needs to be replaced. If I were you, i'd take FULL advantage of that warranty and go have them do it ASAP.

You're not too far from me. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you buy your 04 STi for? and what was the mileage?

I paid 20k and it had 49k on it...im the second owner

I must admit, when I saw NOVA in the title the first thing that came to mind was the movie Short Circuit...
    2011 Spark Silver Metallic WRX Limited - purchased 9/3/11
    2004 SRT-4 FP Green, Diablosport, 344whp/375wtq 93 oct. | Sold

I hope you had a good experience with them. I live 1/4mi away from Sheehy and drive all the way to Stohlman in Tyson's Corner instead. I bought mine during the shortage caused by the tsunami earlier this year and some guy from Sheehy was incredibly condescending to my wife and hung up on her when she was calling around looking for me. They had a WRX in the lot the next day as I drove right by on my way to Stohlman.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.