Looking for stock Catback for 2011 WRX Sedan
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking for stock Catback for 2011 WRX Sedan within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; My WRX came with factory installed SPT catbacks and they r just too loud in the cabin for long drives. ...

Question Looking for stock Catback for 2011 WRX Sedan

My WRX came with factory installed SPT catbacks and they r just too loud in the cabin for long drives. Willing to buy stocks off of someone or trade for mine. I tried DIY Dynomats in the trunk but it did very little....

T

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tginok9 View Post
    My WRX came with factory installed SPT catbacks and they r just too loud in the cabin for long drives. Willing to buy stocks off of someone or trade for mine. I tried DIY Dynomats in the trunk but it did very little....

T
    Did you completely cover every square inch in the trunk? It's kind of pointless to do if you just put a square here and there and try and get the results you want.

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Where you located?
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

When I did my diesel truck it was just as quiet as it was with full interior with no interior installed and just the sound proof material. And it only got better the more interior I put back in.

Sent from tapatalk.
    Last edited by Hoofhearted; 09-04-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    2011 Base WRX

I live in the Northern VA area. In regards to the Dynomat, I covered the whole bottom of the trunk, from the left inner wheelwell to the right and under the spare tire. I had some extra so I put a few pieces un the inner sidewall as well. I did not make it back to the rear seatline on the far left and far right due to that required unbolting a few things. I also installed Dynoliner on the underside of the cardboard/carpet trunk liner. I did not Dynomat the rear horizontal portion of the trunk or the trunk lid.

Hoof, what did that set you back in labor? The trunk took me about 2 hrs, maybe a bit more. I can only imagine how much it would cost me to pay someone to strip my WRX's interior, Dynomat it and then reinstall, without messing something up....

Hoof, what did that set you back in labor? The trunk took me about 2 hrs, maybe a bit more. I can only imagine how much it would cost me to pay someone to strip my WRX's interior, Dynomat it and then reinstall, without messing something up....
    I did it my self. I didn't time the removal of the interior but laying the material alone was 11 hours not counting the rear doors or roof but at least I know it was done right.

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX

T
    Dude I live in northern virginia and I have a bone stock 11 WRX sedan and looking to get a catback exhaust. I'd def be willing to trade.

I purchased the Invidia Q300. I installed them and the car is somewhat quieter. The family will have to deal. lol
    Now anyone want to purchase my almost new SPT exhaust????

Can i hear your exhaust?

Hey I noticed you said you got the Invidia Q300. Where do you live? I'm interested in getting the same and I would love to hear it first. Any chance i can come hear yours? I live in Manassas VA

Thanks

I live near Winchester VA, in WV, but work in NOVA, sometimes in Chantilly and Leesburg. I will be near Leesburg Wed the 14th around 5pm then again Sat the 17th around the same time. I wont be in Chantilly until the 21st

i got a 2011 wrx hatch stock catback also if any1 needs
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

SPT2011, how do u like your Cobb?

The best u can buy. Perfect craftsmanship fits and looks amazing. I think COBB makes the top of the line, best of the best. If I could do anything different I would of got a cobb exhaust also but I love my spt exhaust anyway...
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

Will you also be in chantilly on the 22nd? I'm off work that day. I don't wanna be a pain. Just checkin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.