Relocation to Northern VA

This is a discussion on Relocation to Northern VA within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey all, I just took my 2011 WRX across country from CA to Northern VA. 2880 miles. Man I love ...

Relocation to Northern VA

Hey all,

I just took my 2011 WRX across country from CA to Northern VA. 2880 miles. Man I love my Car. First day of work I head back to my car and on both sides of my car was another WRX and an STI. It brought a grin from ear to ear to my face. I look forward to meeting all of you Subi fans here on the east coast.

Quick question... do you feel like the humidity affects they way your rex pulls? It almost fills like it gets bogged down. Maybe i am just crazy - This hot humid weather is all new to me.
    -Mitigate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! In just down the road in woodbridge! What color? Ill be on the lookout for ya. I've had my 11 wrx for about 2 weeks, haven't noticed any difference ...but...it has been raining for like 2 weeks everyday here. Hope to see ya out there! J.
    35% all around, KartBoy STS,Front and Rear Bushings,Clear Bra/Chip Guard on front bumper,headlights,side mirror's, 1ft up on the hood and on side panels,Stage 1 COBB tune w/ Cobb sf intake.

Quote Originally Posted by jubei49 View Post
    Welcome! In just down the road in woodbridge! What color? Ill be on the lookout for ya. I've had my 11 wrx for about 2 weeks, haven't noticed any difference ...but...it has been raining for like 2 weeks everyday here. Hope to see ya out there! J.
    I have been to Woodbridge (Ikea) a few times. I also drive the WRB FTW!
    -Mitigate

Quote Originally Posted by mitigate View Post
    I have been to Woodbridge (Ikea) a few times. I also drive the WRB FTW!
    Awesome! Lookout for the wave! P.s. go west a bit and the roads get fun!
    35% all around, KartBoy STS,Front and Rear Bushings,Clear Bra/Chip Guard on front bumper,headlights,side mirror's, 1ft up on the hood and on side panels,Stage 1 COBB tune w/ Cobb sf intake.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't really notice a big difference. Nothing enough to catch my attention at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mitigate View Post
    Hey all,

I just took my 2011 WRX across country from CA to Northern VA. 2880 miles. Man I love my Car. First day of work I head back to my car and on both sides of my car was another WRX and an STI. It brought a grin from ear to ear to my face. I look forward to meeting all of you Subi fans here on the east coast.

Quick question... do you feel like the humidity affects they way your rex pulls? It almost fills like it gets bogged down. Maybe i am just crazy - This hot humid weather is all new to me.
    That's an impressive drive! I am making the same drive in January, NorCal to NoVA. How many days did you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    That's an impressive drive! I am making the same drive in January, NorCal to NoVA. How many days did you take?
    It was a good long drive. I took the drive really slow (5 days). I drove anywhere between 7 to 10 hours a day. I also stopped to visit family in Memphis a few days. I hope you enjoy the drive.
    -Mitigate

Welcome to hell haha! The traffic around here sucks for opening it up but like jubei49 said, the nice windy roads out in the western parts of fairfax county are definitely fun to drive! I'm in Springfield so if you are in the area keep an eye out for a blue 11 WRX. Good to have another WRX in the area!
    Boost. It does a body good.

2011 WRB Premium WRX Stage 1 - Cobb AP - Cobb SRI - GrimmSpeed MCB - SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge Pod with Prosport Halo Boost and Oil Pressure gauges - Cusco F/R STB - JVC Navi Head Unit - Whiteline 24mm FSB/22mm RSB - Kartboy Endlinks - Kartboy STS + Bushings - 35% tint

Quote Originally Posted by ForsaknFrntman View Post
    Welcome to hell haha!
    Your not the first person to tell me that. I have to say I am missing California.
    I'm in Springfield so if you are in the area keep an eye out for a blue 11 WRX. Good to have another WRX in the area!
    Awesome I too have the WRB 11 WRX. Do you have the sedan or hatch? Mine is a Hatch. Ill keep an eye out when I am on the road!
    -Mitigate

I have the sedan with 30% tint all the way around.

2011 WRB Premium WRX Stage 1 - Cobb AP - Cobb SRI - GrimmSpeed MCB - SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge Pod with Prosport Halo Boost and Oil Pressure gauges - Cusco F/R STB - JVC Navi Head Unit - Whiteline 24mm FSB/22mm RSB - Kartboy Endlinks - Kartboy STS + Bushings - 35% tint

Where did you go to get you tint? how do you like it. I have been wanting to get mine done.

Where would you recommend I take mine?
    -Mitigate

I got mine done at LA Tint in Sterling and I love it. Don't get bothered by cops for it either which is a plus haha! I know they have a few locations in the area, shop in Manassas and there is also one in Woodbridge. Their website is latint.com and they did great work for me. I'll post some pictures when i get a chance so you can see what it looks like with the WRB.